Enjoy this Steak with Creamy Shrimp and Crab (Surf and Turf) recipe that is a perfect dinner for two. Made with delicious shrimp and crab on top of a perfect filet, you would think this is from a steakhouse.
- 2 – ¾ lb. Filet Mignon
- 1 tbsp. Kosher salt
- ½ tbsp. Coarse Black Pepper
- 2 tbsp. Olive oil
- 4 tbsp. Butter
- 1 sprig rosemary
- 4 garlic cloves
- 2 tbsp. Butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 ½ c. heavy cream
- ½ c. white wine
- ½ lemon, juiced
- 4 oz. lump crabmeat
- ½ c. Parmesan Reggiano, shredded
- ½ lb. 18/20 raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Season the filets on both sides with salt and pepper. Let sit at room temperature for 15 minutes. Preheat the oven to 450 F Degrees.
- In a medium cast iron skillet or heavy duty skillet, turn heat to medium high heat (closer to high heat). Add the olive oil. Place the filets on one side in the skillet and sizzle on both sides for 3 minutes. The steaks should have a crust and browned on each side. Once cooked on both sides, add to the oven and cook for 10 minutes.
- Once removed from the oven, immediately add the butter spring of rosemary, and garlic cloves to the pan. Once the butter has melted, begin to baste the filets with spoons with the juice, butter, and garlic. Do this for about 3 minutes. Cover with aluminum foil and set aside.
- To make the sauce, take a separate large shallow pan and turn on medium heat. Add the butter and allow to melt. One melted and bubbling, add the garlic and cook until fragrant.
- Add heavy cream and white wine and bring to a steam. Allow to steam for five minutes. Add the lemon juice of half a lemon and stir. Add the parmesan reggiano and stir until the cheese has melted. The sauce will begin to thicken slightly. Add salt and pepper to taste at this point.
- Next, add the shrimp and crab meat and gently stir. Reduce heat to low and cook for 5-7 minutes to allow the shrimp to cook through.
- Add a filet to a plate and top with a heaping serving spoonful of the creamy shrimp sauce. Garnish with parsley and serve.
You can use a different type of steak. You can follow the steps the same, the cooking times may be off due to thickness.
- Category: Main Dish
Keywords: filet mignon recipe, surf and turf recipe, surf and turf recipes, surf and turf for two, filet mignon dinner for two, valentines day dinner for two ideas, valentines day dinner idea, steak dinner ideas, steak dinner recipe, recipe for steak, steak and shrimp recipe, steak and shrimp, steak and creamy shrimp