- 2 ¾ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup cake flour (not self-rising)
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 sticks butter (unsalted)
- 2 ¼ cups sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 large egg white
- 1 large cup milk
- 1 ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon strawberry extract
- 2 cups finely cut strawberries
- strawberry ice cream topping
- FOR ICING
- 2 sticks unsalted butter
- 5 ½ cups powdered sugar
- 1 tbsp. milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons strawberry extract
- garnish with chopped strawberries
- Preheat oven to 350 Degrees and line your cupcake pan with the cupcake liners of your choice.
- In a large bowl, whisk together all dry ingredients and set aside.
- Cream butter and sugar until fluffy. Afterwards, add each egg one at a time and then the egg white. Make sure you beat each one into the batter before adding the next one.
- Add the remaining wet ingredients and once all wet ingredients are incorporated, slowly add the dry ingredients into the batter (add strawberries last).
- Fill your cupcake liners 2/3 of the way and bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Allow your cupcakes to completely cool before applying the icing.
- For Icing: Beat the butter until creamy and add the powdered sugar a cup at a time. Add the milk and extracts. Take a spoonful of the strawberry ice cream topping and spoon on top of the cupcakes and then pipe the icing on top.