try this easy, elegant, and lite dessert for your next dinner party. Creamy Panna Cotta flavored with vanilla beans and topped with strawberry and kiwi mixture.
- 1 1/2 c. milk
- 3 tsp. unflavored gelatin
- 1/3 c. + 2 tbsp. sugar
- 1 1/2 c. heavy cream
- 1 vanilla bean
- 1 tsp.vanilla extract
- 2 kiwi’s, peeled and chopped
- 6 large strawberries, chopped
- Set aside 4-8 ounce glasses.
- Pour the milk into a med sized sauce pan and sprinkle the gelatin on top. Let sit for 5 minutes. Some of the gelatin should absorb.
- Begin to dissolve the gelatin by placing the sauce pan over medium heat. Stir frequently. Do not allow the milk to boil. Should only steam. Once the milk is starting to steam, dip a spoon into the mixture and check the back of the spoon to see if there are any grains. If so, continue to stir for about another minute. Next, add the sugar and beans from vanilla bean stir until sugar is dissolved.
- Remove from heat and pour in the cream and vanilla extract. Carefully pour the milk mixture into the glasses evenly and set inside the refrigerator for 6 hours or overnight.
- Toss the strawberries and kiwi together in a bowl and once the Panna Cotta has chilled, spoon some of the fruit on top of the dessert and serve. Garnish with mint leaf if desired.
- Category: Dessert