- 1 1/2 c. graham crackers, crushed
- 1/2 c. pecans, chopped into pieces
- 1 stick butter, melted
- 2 tbsp. sugar
- 3–8 oz packages of cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 c. sugar
- 2 vanilla beans, split lengthwise
- 4 large eggs
- 3/4 c. sour cream
- 1 pint strawberries
- 1/3 c. water
- 2 tbsp. sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp. cornstarch
- few drops of red food coloring, optional
- Preheat oven to 350 Degrees
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the crushed graham crackers, pecan pieces, sugar, and melted butter. Use a rubber spatula to mix all the ingredients together. It should look like wet big clumps of sand. A handful at a time, press some of the graham cracker crust into a well greased or sprayed springform pan. Bake in the oven for 5 minutes and remove from oven.
- 2. In a large bowl, use an electric mixer to beat the cream cheese until smooth. Add the sugar and then scrap in the seeds from the vanilla beans and beat until smooth. Add eggs in 1 at a time, blending well after each addition. Beat in sour cream and pour over crust.
- 3. Place a deep and long rectangular dish in the oven on the bottom rack and fill it, half way, with water. Place the cake on the top shelf in the oven and bake until puffed, golden on top, and set around the edges; about 1 hour. Cool for 30 minutes and then place into the refrigerator over night or for, four hours, at least.
- 4. For the glaze, cut 10 to 12 strawberries in half and also cutting off the tops of the strawberries. Crush about 1/3 cup of the remaining strawberries and put in saucepan. Stir in the water and sugar and let simmer for 7-10 minutes, until the strawberries begin to breakdown. Now add the cornstarch and simmer for another 5 minutes while the glaze begins to thicken. AD a few drops of food coloring to make the glaze more red, if you wish. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- 5. Once the glaze has cooled, pour on top of the cheesecake and begin to place the halved strawberries around the cake with the inside of the strawberry facing inward. When all strawberries have been placed, place in the refrigerator and allow to cool.
- Serving Size: 8 to 10