Enjoy these Strawberry White Chocolate Scones for breakfast or brunch! These scones are made with white chocolate, strawberries, and yogurt for a soft interior.
- 3 1/4 c. flour, more for kneading
- 2/3 c. sugar
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tbsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 stick cold butter
- 1 c.plain yogurt
- 2 tbsp. milk
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 c. diced strawberries
- 1/2 c. white chocolate chips
- 4 tbsp. butter, melted
- sugar, for sprinkling
- FOR GLAZE
- 2 c. powdered sugar
- 2 tsp. Vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp. Milk
- Preheat oven to 375 Degrees.
- Add the flour, sugar, salt, baking powder, and baking soda in a large bowl and whisk the ingredients together. Make a well in the middle of the bowl and cut in the cold butter.
- Use a fork or pastry blender to blend the butter into the flour mixture until the flour mixture looks like coarse crumbs. Recreate the well (hole) in the middle of the bowl once again.
- In a small bowl, mix the yogurt, milk, and vanilla extract (if you rather use buttermilk, you can just add the vanilla to the buttermilk). Pour the liquid into the middle of the bowl and take both hands to mix the liquid with the flour mixture until well mixed.
- Crack in the egg and continue to use your hands to mix. Add the strawberries and white chocolate chips, and fold them in using your hands to weld all the ingredients together. The dough will still feel slightly wet. This is okay.
- Once all ingredients are well mixed, set aside for 5 minutes so the flour can absorb more liquid. Dust with flour on a clean, flat surface and turn the dough onto the lightly floured surface.
- Sprinkle the top of the dough with a little more flour and delicately knead the dough 2-3 times. Pat the dough into a round 1-inch thick circle.
- Use a serrated knife, cut into triangles, and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Once the dough is cut and placed on top of the baking sheet(s), place it in the refrigerator for 15 minutes.
- Brush some melted butter on top, sprinkle with turbinado sugar (if you don’t have it, regular white sugar is fine), and bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown and set at the edges. Allow cooling for 10 minutes before serving.
- To make a glaze, combine powdered sugar, vanilla extract, and milk and whisk together until smooth. Brush or drizzle the tops of the scones with glaze. Allow the glaze to set before serving.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Strawberry Scones White Chocolate Chips, Baked Goods,Breakfast Recipes, Dessert Recipe,s Sweet Treats, Baking Recipes