- 1 stick unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 c. shortening
- 1–1/3 c. sugar , divided
- 2 eggs
- 2–3/4 c. all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. cream of tartar
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1–1/3 c. (8-oz. pkg.) HEATH BITS ‘O BRICKLE Toffee Bits
- 2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- Beat butter, shortening and 1 cup sugar in large bowl until fluffy. Add eggs; beat thoroughly. Stir together flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt; gradually add to butter mixture, beating until well blended. Stir in toffee bits.
- Stir together remaining 1/3 cup sugar and cinnamon. Shape dough into 1-1/4-inch balls; roll in sugar-cinnamon mixture. Place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 9 to 11 minutes or until lightly browned around edges. Cool slightly; remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely. Makes about 5 dozen cookies.