These Vanilla Bean Macarons will have you melting in your seat. Full of vanilla flavor and a recipe video tutorial, these Macarons are amazing and easy!
- 1 c. powdered sugar
- ¾ c. almond flour
- Pinch of salt
- 2 egg whites, room temperature
- ¼ c. sugar
- 1 vanilla bean
- 1 tbsp. Vanilla extract
- BUTTERCREAM FILLING
- 1 c. unsalted butter, room temperature
- ¼ c. shortening
- 2 c. powdered sugar
- 1 vanilla bean
- 1 tsp. Vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. Salt
- In a food processor, pulse together the powdered sugar, almond flour, and pinch of salt for about 1 minute. Pour the dry ingredients
ina separate bowl.
- In a large bowl using a handheld or standing mixer on medium speed, whisk the eggs whites until frothy and slowly begin to add the ¼ c. white sugar. Continue to beat the egg white until soft peaks have formed. Once the egg whites are at soft peaks,
af the vanilla bean scrapings and the vanilla extract. Beat on medium to high speed until stiff peaks have formed. This could take several minutes.
- Add about ⅓ of the dry ingredients to the egg whites and very carefully with a rubber spatula, fold in the dry ingredients with the egg whites. Continue to add the remaining dry ingredients to the egg whites. Once all of the dry ingredients are incorporated, continue to gently fold and press the batter against the side of the bowl to help remove some of the air.
- Use a piping bag, cut the tip of the bag and insert a round tip in the opening. Spoon the batter into the bag.
- Place a silicone mat or parchment paper on top of a baking sheet. If you are using macaron template, place the template under the silicone mat or parchment paper. Begin to pipe the batter inside of the macaron template. Remove the template. Bang the baking sheet on top of the counter to remove excess air. Allow to sit for 30 minutes to an hour. The macarons are ready to bake once you are able to touch and a skin has been developed. Preheat oven to 325 Degrees.
- Bake macarons for 13-15 minutes. You will see the small feet on the bottom of the cookies Set aside to cool.
- In a separate large bowl, blend together the butter and shortening. Slowly add the powdered sugar until well mixed. Add the pinch of salt, vanilla extract, and vanilla beans and mix until blended.
- Once the cookies have cooled, begin to fill with buttercream using a butter knife or a piping bag. Serve as desired or store in the refrigerator in an airtight container.
- Prep Time: 60 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Category: Dessert