These Waffle Breaded Chicken Tenders is like having Chicken and Waffles in one bite! Serve with hot sauce and maple syrup dipping sauce!
- 8–10 Chicken Tenders
- 10–12 Frozen Buttermilk Waffles
- 1 1/4 c. flour
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 1 tsp. Pepper
- ½ tsp. Garlic powder
- ½ tsp. Smoked paprika
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tbsp. Buttermilk
- ¼ tsp. Maple extract (trust me)
- Vegetable oil
- Dipping sauce
- 1 ¼ c. maple syrup
- 2 tbsp. Hot sauce
- 1 tbsp. Bourbon
- ¼ tsp. Cayenne pepper
- Heat the vegetable oil on 350 degrees in deep fryer.
- Preheat oven to 250 Degrees. Place the waffles on a large baking sheet and place in oven for about 5-7 minutes, just until slightly toasted. Remove from oven and allow to cool. Tear the waffles in large chunks and place in food processor and pulse until ground into large coarse crumbs. Place inside large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs, buttermilk, and maple extract until all ingredients are combined, set aside. In another bowl, add the flour, salt, pepper, garlic powder, smoked paprika and whisk together. Finally, season the chicken tenders on both sides with salt and pepper as desired.
- Dredge the chicken tenders through the flour, shake off excess, dredge through the egg mixture on both sides, shake off excess, and dredge through waffle crumbs. You might have to pat some of the waffle crumbs on the chicken tenders just to ensure it sticks. Don’t worry, they will stay on while frying. Place in deep fryer and cook for about 7 minutes and until chicken tender is golden and crisp. Use tongs to remove from fryer and place on cooling rack or plate lined with paper towels. Repeat process until all chicken tenders are cooked.
- In a small sauce pan, add the syrup and bring to a simmer. Add the hot sauce and bourbon and allow to simmer together for 3 minutes. Finally add the cayenne and stir. Drizzle on top of the chicken tenders or serve as a dipping sauce.
- Category: Entree