This Yellow Sheet Cake with Chocolate Buttercream Frosting is the perfect cake recipe to compliment any comfort meal. It’s easy and downright yummy.
- 1 c. unsalted butter, softened
- 2 c. sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 3 tsp. Pure vanilla extract
- 3 c. all-purpose flour
- 4 tsp. Baking powder
- ½ tsp. Salt
- 2 c. warm milk
- 6 tbsp. Unsalted butter, melted
- ¾ c. unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 ½ tsp. Vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp. Salt
- 4 c. powdered sugar
- 6 tbsp. Milk
- Preheat oven 350 Degrees. Spray a 9X13 baking dish with baking spray. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the butter and sugar in a mixing bowl. Blend with mixer until fluffy. Add the eggs and vanilla extract. Blend together. Slowly add the flour, baking powder, and salt. Slowly pour in the warm milk and batter will become smooth. Pour the cake batter in the prepared pan and bake for 30-35 minutes, or until toothpick is inserted and comes out clean. Allow to cool completely.
- In a separate mixing bowl, add the melted butter and cocoa powder. Slowly add the powdered sugar while interchanging with a tablespoon of milk, while using a handheld or standing mixer. Continue adding the milk until you have reached the consistency you desire. Add the vanilla extract and salt. Spread the chocolate frosting evenly over the cooled cake and serve as desired.
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 35 mins
- Category: Dessert