Along with so many of my desserts, this Yellow Sheet Cake with Chocolate Buttercream Frosting is now joining the list.
You can never go wrong with a classic moist and buttery Yellow Sheet Cake with Chocolate Buttercream.
I am very simple when it comes to my cakes. I don’t really like cakes that has fancy fillings; I’m not too crazy about fondant; and if a cake looks too pretty I don’t like to eat it because I feel that I am messing up a masterpiece. I like my cakes simple and rustic. Also, I am not too crazy about cakes that has a lot of icing. In fact, if a cake has too much icing, I will scrap most of it off and leave a thin layer that is just enough for flavor. I guess you can say I am more of a cake person than an icing person.
BTW…Taste of Elegance has the best Birthday Cake with Buttercream Frosting.
I think this Yellow Sheet Cake with Chocolate Buttercream Frosting recipe combination is genius.
Now, I have a similar recipe on my blog, which is the White Texas Sheet Cake with Chocolate Frosting. I didn’t realize until after I made this recipe that I had something on my blog that is similar to something else that is already popular on my blog. I even debated if I should put this recipe on my blog out of concern that it would confuse people. Then I thought about it, the two recipes, although similar in concept, isn’t similar in terms of recipe.
Chocolate Frosting recipe adapted from Food NetworkPrint
Yellow Sheet Cake with Chocolate Buttercream Frosting
- Total Time: 55 mins
- Yield: 12 1x
This Yellow Sheet Cake with Chocolate Buttercream Frosting is the perfect cake recipe to compliment any comfort meal. It’s easy and downright yummy.
- 1 c. unsalted butter, softened
- 2 c. sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 3 tsp. Pure vanilla extract
- 3 c. all-purpose flour
- 4 tsp. Baking powder
- ½ tsp. Salt
- 2 c. warm milk
- 6 tbsp. Unsalted butter, melted
- ¾ c. unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 ½ tsp. Vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp. Salt
- 4 c. powdered sugar
- 6 tbsp. Milk
- Preheat oven 350 Degrees. Spray a 9X13 baking dish with baking spray. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the butter and sugar in a mixing bowl. Blend with mixer until fluffy. Add the eggs and vanilla extract. Blend together. Slowly add the flour, baking powder, and salt. Slowly pour in the warm milk and batter will become smooth. Pour the cake batter in the prepared pan and bake for 30-35 minutes, or until toothpick is inserted and comes out clean. Allow to cool completely.
- In a separate mixing bowl, add the melted butter and cocoa powder. Slowly add the powdered sugar while interchanging with a tablespoon of milk, while using a handheld or standing mixer. Continue adding the milk until you have reached the consistency you desire. Add the vanilla extract and salt. Spread the chocolate frosting evenly over the cooled cake and serve as desired.
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 35 mins
- Category: Dessert
Leave a Reply