- • ½ cups Olive Oil, Plus More For Drizzling
- • 2 Tablespoons Lemon Juice
- • 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
- • 1 Tablespoon Apple Cider Vinegar
- • 1 Tablespoon Salt
- • 2 Tablespoons Minced Garlic
- • ½ teaspoons Liquid Smoke
- • 2 whole New York Strip Steaks
- • Salt And Pepper
- In a medium bowl, whisk together olive oil, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, apple cider vinegar, salt, minced garlic, and liquid smoke. Place the steaks in a large refrigerator bag and pour the marinade over the steaks. Slightly shake the bag to ensure the marinade is completely covering the steak. Place in the refrigerator for, at least, 30 minutes. However, I prefer you allow the steaks to marinate as long as possible.
- After the steaks have marinated, remove from the refrigerator and allow to sit at room temperature for 15 minutes on a cooling rack. Season on both sides with a little salt and pepper. While the steaks are sitting, heat the grill pan to medium-high heat and drizzle with olive oil. It won’t take long for the pan to get hot and you do not want that olive oil to burn, so when ready, place the steaks on the grill pan for 5-7 minutes on each side. Note: When you put the steaks on the grill don’t continuously flip them or press them against the pan with a spatula thinking they will get done faster. You want to let the steaks cook evenly and retain the flavor.
- Once the steaks are finished cooking on each side, set aside and let rest for about 5 minutes. If you cut the steaks too soon, you will lose a lot of flavors. You have to let those juices settle in the meat. Serve with your desired side items.
- Prep Time: 75 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Category: Dinner
- Cuisine: African