Why not make a New York Strip Steak for your loved one on Valentine’s Day?! This steak is made with an easy and delicious marinade!
This week I have given you ideas for goodies that you can make for Valentines Day. Well, I thought I give you something savory and areal meal idea that you can make as a romantic dinner. I know that most men think they are the rulers of making meat succulent and delicious. But I challenge any man to go toe-to-toe with me any day when it comes to making a New York Strip Steak, except for Bobby Flay.
I rarely buy and eat red meat, but if I do I love a good burger and a nice juicy steak. I have been told that I make the best “at home” steak. The reason is that I love the meat slowly. Meaning, I usually brine my meats and marinade them to break those fibers down. In this case, I only marinaded the meat for a long time. Making good meat is a slow process so the flavor permeates throughout the entire cut. This New York Strip Steak recipe is fairly simple and doesn’t take that much time to make. This would be a great dinner idea to make for a nice romantic evening with your loved one. If you make this steak along with some grilled asparagus and a baked potato, you are in the money!
New York Strip Steak
- Total Time: 1 hour 30 mins
- Yield: 2
- • ½ cups Olive Oil, Plus More For Drizzling
- • 2 Tablespoons Lemon Juice
- • 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
- • 1 Tablespoon Apple Cider Vinegar
- • 1 Tablespoon Salt
- • 2 Tablespoons Minced Garlic
- • ½ teaspoons Liquid Smoke
- • 2 whole New York Strip Steaks
- • Salt And Pepper
- In a medium bowl, whisk together olive oil, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, apple cider vinegar, salt, minced garlic, and liquid smoke. Place the steaks in a large refrigerator bag and pour the marinade over the steaks. Slightly shake the bag to ensure the marinade is completely covering the steak. Place in the refrigerator for, at least, 30 minutes. However, I prefer you allow the steaks to marinate as long as possible.
- After the steaks have marinated, remove from the refrigerator and allow to sit at room temperature for 15 minutes on a cooling rack. Season on both sides with a little salt and pepper. While the steaks are sitting, heat the grill pan to medium-high heat and drizzle with olive oil. It won’t take long for the pan to get hot and you do not want that olive oil to burn, so when ready, place the steaks on the grill pan for 5-7 minutes on each side. Note: When you put the steaks on the grill don’t continuously flip them or press them against the pan with a spatula thinking they will get done faster. You want to let the steaks cook evenly and retain the flavor.
- Once the steaks are finished cooking on each side, set aside and let rest for about 5 minutes. If you cut the steaks too soon, you will lose a lot of flavors. You have to let those juices settle in the meat. Serve with your desired side items.
- Prep Time: 75 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Category: Dinner
- Cuisine: African
Leave a Reply