Juicy Garlic Butter Steak Bites on skewers – coated in a delicious buttery sauce and grilled to perfection, the ultimate appetizer for meat lovers.
- 1 1/2 lb. Ribeye Steak, cut into chunks
- 1 lb. Small Yukon Gold Potatoes
- 15–18 Garlic cloves, whole
- 1 tbsp. Kosher salt
- 1 tbsp. Course black pepper
- 1 tsp. Garlic powder
- 1 tsp. Onion powder
- 1/2 tsp. Smoked paprika
- 4 tbsp.Garlic Butter, divided (store-bought or homemade) + more for melting
- Skewer Sticks
- Garnish: Side of blue cheese dressing, chimichurri sauce, garlic aoli
- Begin by soaking your skewers in water for at least 1 hour. This will prevent the skewers from burning too quickly on the grill.
- Fill a large pot with salted water and bring to a slight boil. Add the potatoes whole or cut them in half. Cook only until fork tender but still firm (you should be able to insert the tip of a fork into the potato without it splitting). Drain and rinse in cool water. Set aside.
- Cut the ribeye into squared chunks. Season with kosher salt, black pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder, and add two tablespoons of the melted butter. Use your hands to toss and coat the seasoning and the melted butter to the steak.
- Separately, sprinkle the potatoes in the melted butter with a little salt and pepper.
- Begin to assemble the skewers to have a potato on the bottom, a steak chunk, a garlic clove, a steak chunk, and end with a potato. You can add more steak if you want. It depends on how much food you prefer to have on your skewers.
- Once your skewers are complete, heat your grill according to the manufacturer’s instructions. Spray your grill racks with non-stick spray or cover them with aluminum foil. Add the skewers to the grill and cook with the lid closed for 5-7 minutes on each side.
- Once cooked to your liking, remove from heat and immediately add the garlic butter to the skewers while they are still hot. Either place dollops of the garlic butter on the skewers or melt the butter and brush the skewers once cooked (recommended). Serve immediately.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Grill
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: garlic steak bites, steak bites, kabob recipes, grilled kabob recipes,