Steak and potatoes on a stick, sign me up! These Garlic Butter Steak Bites on Skewers are certainly one of the easiest and most delicious entrees to hit your grill and table this summer. Made with ribeye steaks, small yellow potatoes, and lots of garlic, takes this dish to another level.
Who doesn’t love a good juicy steak? Try garlic butter steak bites on skewers for an easy and delicious upgrade to your next BBQ. If you’re looking to impress friends at your next gathering, the combination of tender steak, a zing of garlic, and the deliciousness of butter will surely make this steak bites the star of the show. These garlic butter steak bites are easy to prepare and require minimal ingredients, allowing you to spend more time with your guests instead of being stuck in the kitchen.
Tips for making these Steak Kabobs
These steak tips are simple, but there are some tips to remember to ensure they are delicious.
- Choose the right cut of steak. You want a tender and flavorful cut, such as ribeye or sirloin. Cut the steak into small, bite-sized pieces.
- Make the garlic butter sauce. Fortunately, I have a perfect recipe for a Garlic Herb Spread that would work great for this recipe. Melt butter in a saucepan and any other seasonings you like. Let the sauce cool slightly, then brush the steak bites until they’re evenly coated.
- Skewer the steak bites. Thread the steak bites onto skewers, leaving a little space between each piece. This allows the heat to circulate and cook the steak evenly.
- Grill the skewers. Preheat your grill to medium-high heat. Place the skewers on the grill and cook for 2-3 minutes per side or until the steak is cooked to your desired doneness.
- Serve and enjoy! Remove the skewers from the grill and serve immediately. These garlic butter steak bites are delicious, or you can serve them with a dipping sauce like chimichurri, blue cheese, or this aioli.
Additional Skewer Options
For my family and me, steak and potatoes work just fine ( I am in a house full of picky eaters). But you can add veggies and proteins to make this kabob recipe even better. Here are some additions you can add:
- Whole Mushrooms
- Pearl Onions
- Shrimp (create a surf and turf vibe)
- Bell Pepper
- Sliced Red Onion
- Yellow Squash
- Cherry Tomatoes
Whether you’re hosting a backyard BBQ or just looking for a delicious appetizer to serve at your next dinner party, garlic butter steak bites on skewers will surely be a hit. With their juicy, flavorful meat and buttery garlic sauce, these skewers are a crowd-pleaser that’s easy to make and sure to impress. Give them a try today!
Commonly Asked Questions
You can use any tender cut of steak, such as ribeye, sirloin steak, or filet mignon. Just be sure to cut the steak into small, bite-sized pieces so they cook evenly.
Yes, you can marinate the steak in the garlic butter sauce beforehand, then skewer and grill them when you’re ready to serve. Just be sure to store the marinated steak in an airtight container in the refrigerator until you’re ready to use it.
It can only take 2-3 minutes per side to grill the skewers, but the exact time will depend on the thickness of the steak and how hot your grill is. I cooked the skewers for about 5-7 minutes on each side. You’ll know they’re done when they’re browned on the outside and cooked to your desired doneness on the inside.
Garlic butter steak bites on skewers are delicious, but you can also serve them with dipping sauces, such as chimichurri, blue cheese aioli, or even ketchup for the kids. They also pair well with grilled vegetables or a side salad.
If you like kabob recipes like these or need ideas for the grill this summer, you will enjoy the ones below:
- Jerk Chicken on Shish Kabobs
- Sweet Chili Pork Kabobs
- Garlic and Herb Grilled Potatoes
- Steak and Potato Foil Packets
- Easy Whiskey Infused Beef Burgers