This foil pack dinner makes it easy to cook a great meal for your family. It’s also a simple way to cook for one or two people. These beef foil packets are filled with potatoes, broccoli, and slices of steak seasoned with rosemary and garlic.
Okay, so I wouldn’t completely say that I am suffering from sleep deprivation with the baby and all. However, I would say that I do not get as much rest as I use to. I guess that makes sense when you start a family. In fact, I feel that I don’t have time for a lot of things nowadays. I don’t have time to sit and play my video games (yes I am a gamer); don’t have time to read as much as I use to; I’m too tired to work out (but I really want to get back to it), and I definitely don’t have much time to spend in the kitchen.
I have also relied heavily on my crockpot as it has been good to me. But sometimes I feel as though I need more variety. But with these Steak and Potato foil packets, I am learning to rely more on the oven.
How do you make a foil packet dinner?
What I love about foil packet dinners is that you can put ANYTHING in foil and the heat will do the rest of the work. Heck, you can even put chocolate chip cookies in foil and they will bake. Don’t believe me? Check out my Grilled Chocolate Chip Cookies recipe. I’ve done it before! So if I can put cookies in foil, I definitely can put steak and potatoes in foil making Steak and Potato Dinner Packets.
In this Steak and Potato Foil Packets Dinner, you have everything you want in a traditional steak dinner! There are steak, potatoes, some sliced mushrooms, fresh herbs, broccoli, and onions for flavor. I just threw everything in the foil packet, drizzled with olive oil, season with kosher salt and pepper, and let the oven do its job. In 30 minutes, I had a delicious, wholesome Steak and Potato dinner!
In this Steak and Potato Foil Packets Dinner, you have everything you want in a traditional steak dThe steak was perfectly cooked to perfection. It wasn’t tough like I was afraid it would be; the potatoes were fork tender, and the broccoli still had a bit of a crispness to it! My husband and I were very impressed by these steak foil packets. The only thing he regrets is there were no seconds.
Customize your foil dinner packet
I encourage you to get creative with making your own foil dinners! I am telling you they are so super easy to make. Here are some protein suggestions that you can use to make your foil packet dinner:
- Thin Chicken Breast
In addition to your protein choice, you’ll need to fill it with vegetables of your choice. You can use just about anything such as:
- Sweet Potatoes
- Cherry Tomatoes
- Pearl Onions
- Green Beans
- Baby Corn
One thing I suggest about making foil packet dinners is you have to have some sort of sauce or flavored butter to add flavor. With this Steak and Potato Foil Packets dinner, I made garlic and herb butter that I put on top of the steak as soon as it came out of the oven. That butter made this Steak and Potato Foil Packets dinner that much better! I can’t wait for you to try this easy dinner recipe. Just be sure you come back and let me know what you think!
Commonly Asked Questions
No. Another great option that you can use is flank steak. You will follow the recipe the same way and cook for the same amount of time.
I don’t see why not. I would imagine that you would need a longer cook time and you may have to boil the potatoes for a little while just until they’re soft if that is a vegetable you plan on using. If you are using veggies without potatoes, I would just toss them in a little oil and seasonings, and proceed as normal.
If you like recipes like these Steak and Potato foil packs, you’ll like the ones below!Print
Steak and Potato Foil Pack Dinner
- Total Time: 40 mins
- Yield: 2 1x
If you are looking for something easy and delicious to put together for dinner, try this Steak and Potato Foil Pack Dinner with potatoes, mushrooms, and broccoli!
- 1lb. Top Sirloin Steak
- 1 lb. fingerling potatoes, divided
- 2 Broccoli Crowns, divided
- 1 large yellow onion, cut into chunks and divided
- 1 c. sliced mushrooms, divided
- 4 tbsp. Olive oil
- 5 tbsp butter, room temperature
- 1 tsp. Garlic salt
- 1 tsp. Fresh Rosemary, finely chopped
- 1 tsp. Dried Thyme
- Preheat oven to 400 Degrees.
- For each foil packet (this recipe makes 2), take two long pieces of aluminum foil. One part goes up and down; the other goes straight across, creating a “t.” In the middle of each foil packet, add half of the cut yellow onion and half the fingerling potatoes. Keep everything centered as much as possible.
- Cut the broccoli florets off of the broccoli crowns. Add the florets of one crown to one of the packets and use the other florets for the other packet.
- Add the sliced mushrooms to the packet and slice the steak into 1-inch pieces and eight strips. Place 4 strips on top of the veggies and place them in the packet.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and drizzle each packet with 2 tbsp Olive oil. Fold the aluminum foil on all sides making a packet and sealing all ingredients. Place the packets on top of a baking sheet and in the oven and allow to roast, undisturbed, for 30 minutes. The steak should be cooked to medium. Cook longer if you prefer.
- Once the potatoes are fork-tender, your packet is done.
- Add the soft butter, rosemary, dried thyme, and garlic salt in a small bowl and stir to blend. Once the foil packets are done, place a heaping dollop of the butter inside each packet and reseal to allow the butter to melt and the steak to rest for about 5-10 minutes. Don’t worry, the aluminum foil will keep everything warm.
- Place the foil packet on a plate and serve.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 30 mins
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Roast
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: steak and potato foil packs, steak foil packets, steak foil packets in oven, steak and potatoes in foil
Leave a Reply