Indulge in the perfect summer dessert with these Mixed Berry Layered Dessert Cups. Layers of store-bought pound cake, instant pudding, and various fresh berries are topped with a dollop of whipped topping, making for a refreshingly sweet and easy-to-make treat you’ll crave all summer.
Summer is approaching, so it’s time to cool down with some refreshing and light desserts. If you’re looking for a sweet treat that won’t weigh you down during the summer heat, these Mixed Berry Layered Dessert Cups are just the thing. Made with fresh berries, store-bought pound cake, and instant pudding, this dessert is as easy to make as it is delicious.
Tips for making the perfect dessert cups
To make these dessert cups, you will want to layer the ingredients and toppings in a trifle dish, champagne glass, or clear plastic cups.
- Use a sturdy base: For your dessert pudding cups to hold up and maintain their shape, it’s important to use a sturdy base. Crushed cookies, graham cracker crumbs, ladyfingers, or Angel Food Cake can also work well.
- Chill your ingredients: Make sure they are well-chilled before laying them. This will help the layers set properly and prevent them from blending.
- Add texture: Add some texture to make your dessert cups even more delicious. Crushed nuts, granola, or a layer of whipped cream can add extra flavor and crunch.
Different Fruit Combinations for Layered Dessert Cups
I am using a combination of strawberries and blueberries in this recipe, but you can customize these layered dessert cups however you want. Here are some ideas:
- Add banana slices and instant banana pudding to make a Banana Pudding dessert cup.
- Use a combination of chopped pineapple, kiwi, and mango, and top off the parfaits with roasted sweetened coconut flakes.
- Make a Strawberry Cheesecake layered cup using only strawberries and a cheesecake instant pudding flavor.
- You can also make a Peach Cobbler version using peach cobbler filling and whipped topping. You can also top them off with baked pie crust pieces.
- You can also make mini-trifles using Brownie pieces and chocolate pudding. There is a recipe for this on my blog.
With these tips and combinations, you can create the perfect mini dessert cups your guests will love. So why try it and see what delicious combinations you can come up with?
Commonly Asked Questions
You can use either fresh or frozen berries for mixed-berry layered pudding cups. If you use frozen berries, thaw them first and drain any excess liquid.
To make the berry sauce for mixed berry layered pudding cups, combine mixed berries with sugar and cook over medium heat until the berries break down and release their juices. Then, you can strain the mixture through a fine mesh sieve to remove any seeds and pulp.
You can store mixed berry layered pudding cups in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. However, the longer they sit, the softer the layers may become.
If you like this no bake dessert idea, you will like the ones below:
- Vanilla Custard Parfait
- No-Bake Banana Pudding Parfaits
- No-Bake Lemon Cheesecake Parfaits
- Brownie Trifles with Pistachio Pudding
- Mixed Berry Trifle