If you are looking for a simple no-bake summer dessert to make for your cookouts and gathering, this easy summer berry trifle is perfect and takes no time. All you have to do is assemble the dessert in a trifle dish. Layer this dessert with pound cake, strawberries, raspberries, blackberries, blueberries, and whipped topping.
I love a dessert where you don’t have to do too much to make something delicious. This is particularly true in the summer. I don’t want to spend time in the kitchen, on my feet, and in front of the stove. I’d rather make a no-bake dessert here where all I have to do is combine some ingredients, and it’s all done. That is what makes this Mixed Berry Trifle a perfect summer dessert.
How to customize this Berry Trifle
In my Mixed Berry Trifle recipe, the layers are cut pieces of pound cake, store-bought whipped topping, strawberry topping, and fresh berries (strawberries, blackberries, blueberries, and raspberries). It’s really that simple. However, you can change some of the layer’s ingredients to whatever you want. Here are a few examples of how you swap some of the layers to your liking:
- Instead of whipped topping such as Cool Whip >> use homemade custard, vanilla pudding, or cream cheese whipped topping.
- Instead of Pound Cake >> use cubes of Angel Food Cake or Lemon Pound Cake.
- Instead of mixed berries >> use a single berry that you like, add cherries, or go a tropical route with diced mango, kiwi, pineapple, and toasted coconut.
Occasions perfect for this trifle
This simple quick no-bake dessert recipe is a great patriotic dessert that showcases the three colors of our flag. Therefore, this recipe is great for Memorial Day, 4th of July, company potlucks, and your summer cookout gatherings for your job or church.
Commonly Asked Questions
I think if you made this the day before it should be fine, but I wouldn’t make it out farther than one day. Be sure to keep it cold in the refrigerator until you are ready to serve to keep the berries from releasing their juices too much.
I was able to get three layers out of this using a standard trifle serving dish. The layers will greatly depend on the serving dish you use. You can layer however you want.
It may get a little soggy from the whipped topping and the berries, but if you make it one night ahead of time it shouldn’t be too bad. Just be sure when you rinse the berries that they are completely dry before using.
If you like recipes like this berry trifle, you will like the recipes below:
- Mixed Berry and Cherry Pie
- Lemon Icebox Pie
- Strawberry Moscato Tiramisu
- No-Bake Lemon Cheesecake Parfait
- Easy Fruit Parfaits with Homemade Custard
Mixed Berry Trifle
- Total Time: 45 minutes (including chilling time)
- Yield: 12 1x
Mixed Berry Trifle filled with strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, and raspberries made with whipped topping and buttery pound cake!
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 2 c. heavy whipping cream
- 3/4 c. powdered sugar
- 1 lb. pound cake
- 2 lbs. strawberries, sliced
- 1–pint blueberries
- 12 oz. raspberries
- 2 –12 oz. jar strawberry topping
- In a large glass bowl, cream the cream cheese until smooth. Slowly pour in the heavy whipping cream and whip on medium speed until smooth. Turn the mixer on high speed and whip the whipping cream until soft peaks form. Now add the powdered sugar and beat until stiff peaks begin to form about another 2-3 minutes. Set aside.
- In a large trifle dish, crumble some of the pound cake on the lower level, and pour half of the strawberry topping on top of the pound cake. Then sprinkle some of the strawberries on top, then blueberries, and finally raspberries. Now Spread some of the cream cheese whipped cream on top. Add another layer of pound cake, strawberry topping, strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, and finally whipped cream. If there is more pound cake, berries and whipped cream left you can make another layer if there is room in your dish. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Category: Desserts
- Method: Assemble
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: mixed berry trifle, patriotic desserts, 4th of july desserts, red white and blue desserts, no bake desserts, berry trifle, easy berry trifle, mixed berry trifle with whipped topping
Leave a Reply