Brownie Trifles with Pistachio & Chocolate Pudding
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #SweetenTheSeason #CollectiveBias
Let me tell you how I’ve come to love Brownie Trifles with Chocolate and Pistachio flavors together.
Brownie Trifles for dessert? Don’t mind if I do!
I don’t remember who I was talking to at the time, but I was having a conversation with someone who told me that chocolate ice cream with pistachio ice cream was the best combination there is. I never thought about marrying those two flavors together. So, I went to a place here in Cincinnati, Oh at Findlay Market called Dojo.
There is a small corner in the market that sells house-made gelato that is absolutely out of this world. I went there one summer and got a double scoop of gelato with Double Dutch Chocolate and Pistachio gelato on a house-made waffle cone and right at that moment I saw the angels dancing and the grey skies parted with a blue line. Chocolate and Pistachio is an AMAZING combination. It is a good combination in my Chocolate Covered Pistachio Shortbread Cookies and Chocolate Cake with Pistachio Buttercream Frosting. Now it is a good combination in these Brownie Trifles with Pistachio and Chocolate Pudding!
In this recipe we got:
This recipe has the Trifecta of Christmas treats. And, because it’s Christmas and everyone is saving their pennies, let me share with you where you can buy these ingredients for not a lot of money at all.
WALMART, of course! We all know that Wal-Mart has amazing prices all year long for everything we need. Around Christmas time I need baking chips, extracts, sugars, and all things necessary for baking. Luckily, Wal-Mart has a Baking Center that is perfect for us bakers. Anything and all things you can think that you will need to bake the most delicious treats are right in the center of the aisle when you go shopping in the market section at Wal-Mart. I mean really, you can’t miss it.
In the baking center, you will find every chocolate chip, bar chocolate, pudding, baking kit, extract, and baking utensils you will ever need! That center is the primary cause of these wonderful Brownie Trifles with Pistachio and Chocolate Pudding that you are seeing in this post. Not mention, all the ingredients I needed were very affordable and didn’t break my budget for my Christmas shopping.
These are easy treats that your kids can help you with and is perfect for the holiday parties. You can make individual trifles by using glasses for each guest or you can use a large trifle dish and layer the ingredients that way. For extra love, use Kraft’s Cool Whip to top off your trifles and sprinkle with chopped pistachios and/or chocolate shavings.
What are some easy desserts you like to make for your holiday parties?
For more easy dishes and desserts for the holidays, visit Wal-Mart by clicking herePrint
Pistachio & Chocolate Pudding Brownie Trifles
- Total Time: 35 mins
- Yield: 5 1x
- For Brownies
- 5 oz. Baker’s Semi-Sweet Chocolate
- 1 stick butter
- 2 tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 c. sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3/4 c. flour
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 5.9 oz. JELL-O Instant Chocolate Pudding
- 3.6 oz. JELL-O Instant Pistachio Pudding
- 5 c. whole milk, divided (do not use soy or almond )
- Preheat oven to 350 Degrees and line 8X8 square baking pan with parchment paper or baking spray and set aside.
- In a small sauce pan, melt the stick of butter on low to medium heat. Add the chopped chocolate and stir until melted and smooth. Pour into a medium mixing bowl and allow to cool for about 5 minutes.
- [url href=”http://bsugarmama.com/chocolate-pistchio-step-1/”][/url]
- Next, add the sugar and eggs, one a time. Add the vanilla extract, flour and salt. Pour in the prepared square pan and bake for 20-25 minutes.
- [url href=”http://bsugarmama.com/chocolate-pistachio-step-2/”][/url]
- [url href=”http://bsugarmama.com/chocolate-pistachio-step-3/”][/url]
- [url href=”http://bsugarmama.com/chocolate-pistachio-step-4/”][/url]
- [url href=”http://bsugarmama.com/chocolate-pistachio-step-5/”][/url]
- While the brownies are baking, prepare the pudding as indicated on the back of the package. Pour the chocolate pudding into a medium pan and add 3 cups of whole milk and whisk or use a hand held mixer until thickened. Place plastic directly on top of the pudding and set aside until ready for use.
- [url href=”http://bsugarmama.com/chocolate-pistachio-step-6/”][/url]
- Prepare the pistachio pudding the same way. Add the pudding to a mixing bowl and add 2 cups of whole milk and whisk or mix with handheld mixer until thickened. Place plastic wrap directly on top of pudding and set aside until ready to use.
- [url href=”http://bsugarmama.com/chocolate-pistachio-step-7/”][/url]
- Once the brownies are finished, allow to come to room temperature, about 30 minutes, and then cut into small squares.
- [url href=”http://bsugarmama.com/chocolate-pistachio-step-8/”][/url]
- Layer the trifle in small glasses or mason jars with brownie, pistachio pudding, chocolate pudding, and repeat. Once finished layering to your liking add a dollop of Kraft’s Cool Whip and sprinkle with chopped pistachios.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 25 mins
Leave a Reply