If you like Loaded French Fries, you will love this all-star and super easy recipe of Loaded Baked Macaroni and Cheese. Filled with bacon, jalapeno, chives, and diced tomatoes!
- 16 oz. Elbow Macaroni Pasta
- 4 tbsp. butter
- ½ c. flour
- 4 c. milk
- 2 oz. cream cheese
- 16 oz. Sharp Cheddar Cheese, shredded and divided
- 8 oz. White Cheddar Cheese, shredded and divided
- 1 tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. pepper
- ½ tsp. dry mustard
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tbsp. Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 lb. Bacon, cooked and diced
- 1 jalapeno, deseeded and diced
- ½ c. chives, chopped
- 6 oz. diced tomatoes and chilles, drained
- ½ c. panko bread crumbs
- Cook macaroni until cooked al dente. Reserve about 1 cup of the pasta water. Once you’ve drained the pasta and have the pasta water set to the side, place the pasta back into the pot or a bowl with the water and set aside.
- In a large pot, melt 4 tablespoons of butter. Sprinkle in ½ cup of flour. The mixture will look lumpy. Very slowly, pour in the milk 1 cup at a time stirring out the lumps, making a creamy mixture. Continue to pour in the milk and stir at the same time on medium heat. Allow to come to a slight simmer, 2-3 minutes. The sauce will thicken slightly.
- Next, add the salt, pepper, dry mustard, garlic powder, and Worcestershire Sauce; add the cream cheese, half of the shredded cheddar cheese and white cheddar cheese. Stir until smooth, creamy, and the cheeses have completely melted.
- Next, add the macaroni and stir until evenly distributed. Finally, add the jalapeno, chives, bacon, and drained diced tomatoes. Stir until evenly distributed. In a 9X13 casserole dish, pour half of the macaroni mixture into the dish, sprinkle with half of the left over cheeses in the middle, pour the rest of the macaroni mixture on top, sprinkle with any left over cheese and the panko bread crumbs. Bake in a preheated oven on 350 Degrees for 20-25 minutes. Allow to cook and serve!
- Category: Side Dish