This post is sponsored by Hatfield and SheKnows Media. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
If you are looking for an appetizer that will “wow” your guests for your holiday party, try this Bacon and Cranberry Goat Cheese Crostini.
Bacon and Cranberry Goat Cheese Crostini are made with Hatfield’s Maple Brown Sugar Extra Thick Cut Triple Smoked Bacon, cranberries, and goat cheese. The perfect holiday appetizer.
Raise a finger if you don’t know what to make for a holiday party you’ve been invited to?
The weird thing about me is that I absolutely love going to holiday parties, but I dread thinking of what to bring if a dish is required. Yeah, I know what you are thinking. I am a food blogger who has shared plenty of dishes over the years, why do I struggle to try to find something to make for parties? It is the weirdest thing to me too. Honestly, I think I over think things too much for occasions like this. You think? Sometimes I do end up making something I already made in the past, but I like to challenge myself and take things up a notch whenever the opportunity arises.
When I am going through the brainstorming phase of creating a new recipe, I always think of an ingredient that I want to be the star of my dish. What determines that ingredient simply depends on my mood and the season. So, let me take you through my mental process that led me to come up with this recipe for Bacon and Cranberry Goat Cheese Crostini.
First, I have presented the opportunity to create an appetizer using Hatfield Bacon. Of course, I welcomed the opportunity because I love bacon. So, I wanted to use seasonal ingredients that would SCREAM “make me for your holiday party”! Then I thought, CRANBERRIES! DUH! The rest of the process was pretty easy as it only seemed natural to make a topping using bacon and cranberries and top it with something creamy. GOAT CHEESE! Finally, to add more texture to my appetizer so far, I didn’t want to add any more ingredients to the topping as it would either ruin the topping or make it more complicated. So, the crunch came from a simply sliced baguette. With all the elements of the saltiness from the bacon, the tartness from the cranberries, a touch of sweetness from brown sugar, creaminess from the goat cheese, and the crunch from the baguette. Do you see the many layers of flavor that I am working with here?
Hatfield has many flavors and cuts of bacon you can choose from. Here are a few of their flavors and options:
Cherrywood Smoked Extra Thick Cut Triple Smoked Bacon
Hickory Extra Thick Cut Bacon Triple Smoked Bacon
Applewood Smoked Bacon
Classic Sliced Bacon
Maple Brown Sugar Extra Thick Cut Triple Smoked Bacon (what’s used in this recipe).
There are many appetizers you can make that are listed on the Hatfield website if you want to explore more options as to how you can create a delicious meal using the listed products. But when you are looking for an easy appetizer recipe to make for your holiday meal, try my Bacon and Cranberry Goat Cheese Crostini recipe! This is the perfect recipe for your guests.
What are you excited to cook this holiday season? Tell me in the comments below for a chance to win a $100 Visa gift card!
No duplicate comments. You may receive (2) total entries by selecting from the following entry methods:
1. Leave a comment in response to the sweepstakes prompt on this post
2. Tweet (public message) about this promotion; including exactly the following unique term in your tweet message: “#SweepstakesEntry”; and leave the URL to that tweet in a comment on this post
3. Blog about this promotion, including a disclosure that you are receiving a sweepstakes entry in exchange for writing the blog post, and leave the URL to that post in a comment on this post
4. For those with no Twitter or blog, read the official rules to learn about an alternate form of entry.
This giveaway is open to US Residents age 18 or older (or nineteen (19) years of age or older in Alabama and Nebraska). Winners will be selected via random draw, and will be notified by e-mail. The notification email will come directly from SheKnows via firstname.lastname@example.org email address. You will have 2 business days to respond; otherwise, a new winner will be selected. The Official Rules are available here. This sweepstake runs from 11/20/17-12/31/17.
- 10 slices Hatfield Maple Brown Sugar Extra Thick Cut Triple Smoked Bacon
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ¾ c. fresh cranberries
- 3 ½ tbsp. Light brown sugar
- ¼ c. cranberry juice
- 1 tsp. Red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp. Dried cranberries
- 8 oz. Creamy goat cheese
- 8 baguette slices
- Preheat oven to 350 Degrees: Place only-ins doubleReplace replaceWithoutSep" id="144" data-gr-id="144">cooling rack on large baking sheet or line with aluminum foil. Place the bacon slices on the cooling rack or baking sheet. Place in oven and allow to cook until golden, about 10-15 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool. Once cooled, chop the bacon in small pieces.
- In a medium sauté
pan on medium heat, add the olive oil and butter. Once butter has melted, add the onions and allow to cook until translucent and caramelized, about 15 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for 5 minutes. Now, add the bacon pieces, vinegar, and cranberries cook together for 15 minutes. As the cranberries begin to soften and pop, stir and smash the cranberries into mixture.
- Add the light brown sugar and cranberry juice and cook for 10 minutes until the mixture thickens. Finally, stir in the dried cranberries and remove from heat.
- Toast baguette slices in
oven on 325 degrees for 5 minutes on each side. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- Assemble by spreading the baguette slices with goat cheese, spoon a tablespoon of the bacon mixture on top of the goat cheese. Top with pecan pieces and parsley.