Take your chicken thighs and turn them into a masterpiece. These sweet and tangy Baked Honey Mustard Chicken Thighs are a perfect chicken recipe that will have your family looking forward to chicken at dinner time!
I know chicken can be super boring. But, it also can be very versatile and has a lot of potentials to be anything you want it to be. Chicken is the perfect protein that is a great canvas to take on any flavor profile. I should know this, we eat chicken at least three times a week. Sometimes more. Believe me, it’s not by personal choice. My husband doesn’t eat a lot of red meat and he doesn’t eat pork. That doesn’t give us a lot of options.
How do you make these Honey Mustard Chicken Thighs?
The glaze to make these baked chicken thighs is quite simple. All you have to combine is stone ground mustard, dijon mustard, honey, garlic, and a few additional seasonings. It is very simple. You are going to bake these chicken thighs on high heat and once they are baked through, you’re going to add the glaze on top of the chicken thighs and bake in the oven on an even higher heat for about 10 minutes. Just long enough for the glaze to caramelize onto the chicken.
What sides go with this Chicken Thigh recipe?
When you bake these chicken thighs, they make a delicious sauce once you add the glaze. So, naturally, you will need a carb that can sop up the sauce. A side of rice, mashed potatoes, or egg noodles will work really well with this dish. As far as veggie, I recommend using Birds Eye frozen vegetable options that are already flavored and can be made very quickly. Especially if you have a busy schedule like I do. You can check out this post on my Instagram page to see the many side dish and dinner options available through Birds Eye.
Overall, I have made chicken thighs several ways and this is definitely one of my favorites. Enjoy these Baked Honey Mustard Chicken Thighs any day of the week.
Commonly Asked Questions
Yes! You will cook this on high for 6 hours and pour the glaze on top of the chicken and leave it alone! It may not be as sticky as it would be baked in the oven, but it will still be delicious!
No. You will let them roast in the oven with the skin side up and that is going to make for delicious and crusty skin!
For sure! If you are trying to eat leaner, you can do the same thing with chicken breast. But you can also make this recipe with chicken drumsticks or wings.
Items you may need for this recipe
Baked Honey Dijon Chicken
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Yield: 8 1x
Add a sweet and tangy sauce by making these Baked Honey Mustard Chicken Thighs made with honey, stone ground mustard, and garlic.
- 2 tbsp. Olive oil
- 1/2 c. honey
- 1/4 c. stone-ground mustard
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp. Vinegar
- 1 tsp. Minced garlic
- 1/4 tsp. Salt
- 1/4 tsp. Pepper
- 1/4 tsp. Garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp. Onion powder
- 8 chicken thighs
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 1/2 tbsp. Smoked paprika
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 Degrees
- Take a large shallow heavy-duty skillet and drizzle with olive oil. Liberally, season each chicken thigh with sea salt and pepper and place inside the pan. Cut the butter into cubes and place it around the pan and bake the chicken for 35 minutes until skin is golden.
- Once the chicken is done baking, remove the chicken from the oven and increase the heat to 400 degrees. Drain the excess fat from the pan. Add the olive oil, honey, stone-ground mustard, dijon mustard, garlic, vinegar, salt, pepper, onion, and garlic powder in a small bowl and whisk. Pour the sauce over the baked chicken and place it back in the oven and allow to bake for an additional 10-15 minutes.
- Once the chicken has baked with the sauce, allow it to cool and serve.
- If you are using a slow cooker, follow the steps in the instructions and place it on high. Pour the sauce over the chicken and allow it cook during the time in the slow cooker.
- For a complete meal, add carrots and potatoes to the slow cooker. Add the veggies to the bottom of the slow cooker and place the chicken on top and proceed with the recipe as instructed.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 50 minutes
- Category: Main Dishes
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: honey dijon chicken, honey mustard chicken, honey mustard chicken thighs skillet,
Leave a Reply