I was craving blueberries and lemons at the same time when I came up with this Blueberry and Lemon Muffins recipe.
Actually, I’m lying, I really just wanted to fill my loft with the wonderful aroma of muffins.
Okay, guys, I have been really struggling these past couples of weeks with eating breakfast. Yea I know I gave you guys a bunch of delicious breakfast recipes of mine but I can’t eat that stuff every day. I have to think about my body a bit. I try to live by the 80/20 rule where 80% of the food in my diet or healthy and 20% of the meals I eat aren’t so much. Anyway, back to me struggling with breakfast. I am tired of eating cereal, oatmeal, and yogurt. In fact, I am just about tired of eating most cold breakfast items. So, I decided to make some muffins to help me out while I’m going through this rut.
Now I know what you are thinking, these muffins aren’t necessary healthy for me either, right? Right. But it sure does beat eating nothing or a handful of chips for breakfast. I know I’m horrible. I get like this sometimes where a certain meal doesn’t sound good to me and certain foods are gross. I am going through that with meat too. I bought these Private Selection seasoned and flavored beef patties from Kroger this past weekend that I sampled and tried to eat one tonight and I couldn’t finish it. But it was so good when I sampled it. I am not going to eat these muffins everyday until I figure something else out. Trust me. But they sure do smell good and you will never believe how great a combination of blueberries and lemons are together. The tartness of the lemons and the sweetness of the blueberries really work very well together. Also, I don’t know if you have noticed or not, but the colors blue and yellow are very pretty together.
Blueberry and Lemon Muffins
- 2 1/4 c. sugar
- 1/2 c. vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp. lemon zest
- 1 stick butter, melted
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tbsp. vanilla extract
- 1/3 c. freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 5 c. flour
- 1 tbsp. baking powder
- 1.4 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 c. buttermilk
- 1/2 c. vanilla yogurt or sour cream
- 2 c. blueberries
- sugar for dusting on top
- Preheat oven to 350 Degrees and line a 2-12 cup muffin tin with cupcake liners and set aside.
- In a large bowl, blend the sugar with oil and butter, Add the eggs in one at a time, then add the lemon zest, lemon juice, and vanilla extract. Carefully blend in a cup of flour a cup at a time. Once the flour is added, add the baking powder, soda, salt, and buttermilk. Muffin batter should be creamy. Fold in the yogurt or sour cream and the blueberries.
- Using a large ice cream scooper, scoop in the batter into the prepared cupcake pans. Dust the top of the muffins with sugar and place in the oven for 15-17 minutes. Let cool for 5 minutes before removing from the pan.
Leave a Reply