These Brownie Cake Donuts with Chocolate Glaze is the perfect beginning to any morning!
You will be amazed as to how easy these Brownie Cake Donuts are to make and eat.
So, I am well into the New Year of eating better and making wiser health decisions. With that being said, I am sure you are wondering how does these Brownie Cake Donuts with Chocolate Glaze help support my healthier lifestyle change? Well to be honest…it doesn’t! I just had a crazy idea of making some chocolate donuts that I would actually like and I go in the kitchen and started playing around with some stuff and that is how I came up with these Brownie Cake Donuts. No rhyme or reason, just because I could and I wanted to. But boy I am happy that I could.
These days I am taking full advantage of doing anything I want to if for no other reason because I can. Why? Because I am what some would call a mother. So I do not have a lot of time or opportunity to do something for something for myself. I have automatically put myself last to everyone in my house, and that includes the dog. Coming up with content and ideas for my blog isn’t the problem. I have a ton of ideas! It’s finding the time to execute the ideas and content is what I struggle with these days. I don’t think most of you know and realize that writing a blog post, creating a recipe, testing that recipe, taking photos, editing photos, and then promoting the content is a full-time job. Right about now, I am juggling three; wife, mom, and blogger. There aren’t enough hours in the day. So, yeah, I made these Brownie Cake Donuts just because I could.
Although I am trying to go back to the time where I was a pretty health conscious person, I am always and have been a person who preaches balance amongst the foods we eat. I am totally cool if you want to eat healthy the majority of the time, but do allow yourself, every now and then, to eat and enjoy something that breaks your rules.I am a true believer in breaking the rules from time to time. Well, breaking the rules that leads to a happy consequence and internal happiness. A happy consequence is a result of an action that steamed from true happiness. Going further, a happy consequence for me by eating a dozen of these Brownie Cake Donuts ( I did not eat a dozen of these btw) would be going into a sugar coma and sleeping for several hours daydreaming about them. We all should welcome and enjoy happy consequences.
There is a deeper reason than the photos that are making you fall in love with these Brownie Cake Donuts. Sure the pictures may have you salivating right now, but it’s the easiness of this recipe. Like so many of my recipes that are on my blog have been made using box cake mixes, this recipe is no different. I used a box of brownie cake mix but made the brownies cake-like instead of dense like normal brownies. I made my own chocolate frosting, added some sprinkles, and there you have it! Beauty!Print
Brownie Cake Donuts with Chocolate Glaze
- Total Time: 23 mins
- Yield: 12 1x
Enjoy these Brownie Cake Donuts with Chocolate Glaze that is easy and delicious to enjoy. These cake donuts are the perfect beginning to any morning.
- 1 Box Brownie Mix ( I used Duncan Hines Chewy Fudge)
- 3 eggs
- ½ c. vegetable oil
- 1/4 c. water
- 1 c. semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ½ c. heavy cream
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 Degrees.Spray a donut baking pan and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine brownie mix, eggs, oil, and water. Mix well until smooth. Pour the batter in a large food storage bag. Use a glass to keep the bag sturdy as you pour the batter.
- Seal the bag and make a small cut at the tip of the bag. Begin to pipe the batter into the donut molds until about 2/3rds full. Bake in preheated oven for 13 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes then turn to the cooling rack and allow to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, to make the glaze, add the chocolate chips to a heat-safe bowl. Heat the cream in the microwave for about 1 minute or until steaming. Pour over the chocolate chips and stir until smooth. Add the vanilla extract and stir. Allow sitting at room temperature for 10-15 minutes to allow to thicken slightly. Dip the tops of the donuts into the glaze and return back to the cooling rack and sprinkle with sprinkles if desired. Allow the frosting to set and then serve.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 13 mins
- Category: Breakfast
Leave a Reply