I got another Johnsonville dish for you.
A few months ago, I was granted the opportunity by Johnsonville Sausage to create two dishes that is easy, delicious, and highlights their sausage ingredients. It has been an incredibly great opportunity. I had fun making the Andouille Sausage Marinara Subs, but this time I wanted to make something that is a bit more comfortable and romantic. To me, there is nothing more romantic and comfortable than eating pasta. So I thought why not make a Cajun Spaghetti Carbonara dish! It is perfect!
Traditionally, carbonara is made with pancetta, but in the spirit of Johnsonville, I decided to use Andouille Split Rope Sausage and season with a touch of cayenne pepper. This is such an amazing dish that is easy, delicious, and perfect for a significant other or the entire family. I must warn you though. I know, after I made this dish sound amazing I now give you a warning. The warning is that this meal contains eggs in the sauce. Therefore, you must delicately mix the sauce in with the rest of the meal so that it does not become scrambled eggs! The first time I made carbonara, I made spaghetti with scrambled eggs. This time, it came out “MOTA-BELLA! TUTTI-FRUTTI”! I was eating this right out of the pan. No joke. All I needed was a whole loaf of garlic bread, a serving bowl of salad, and a full bottle of white wine and I would have had the perfect sized meal.
Cooking with Johnsonville Sausage products makes meal planning easy and delicious. Here are a few reasons why:
– Johnsonville Fully Cooked Links are packed with flavor.
– Unlike most other fully cooked sausages, Johnsonville uses absolutely no fillers for a juicy and firm texture and bite.
– Johnsonville Sausage is proudly made using only premium cuts of pork to pack in the real flavor.
Pretty awesome, huh?
We are approaching that time of year when comfort meals become a necessity at the dinner table. Soon, we will be snuggling close to a fire, drinking apple cider, and making meals that will “stick to our ribs.” This meal definitely meets that necessity. I am now concerned that this meal won’t only stick to my ribs but to other areas as well. It was so worth it!
Now time for a giveaway! To enter for a chance to win a $100 Visa gift card, just leave a comment below letting me know what comfort food you are most looking forward to making this fall?
No duplicate comments.
You may receive (2) total entries by selecting from the following entry methods:
- Leave a comment in response to the sweepstakes prompt on this post
- Tweet (public message) about this promotion; including exactly the following unique term in your tweet message: “#SweepstakesEntry”; and leave the URL to that tweet in a comment on this post
- Blog about this promotion, including a disclosure that you are receiving a sweepstakes entry in exchange for writing the blog post, and leave the URL to that post in a comment on this post
- For those with no Twitter or blog, read the official rules to learn about an alternate form of entry.
This giveaway is open to US Residents age 18 or older. Winners will be selected via random draw, and will be notified by e-mail. The notification email will come directly from BlogHer via the sweeps@blogher email address. You will have 72 hours to respond; otherwise a new winner will be selected.
The Official Rules are available here.
This sweepstakes runs from 9/29-11/2.
Be sure to visit the Johnsonville Sausage brand page on BlogHer.com where you can read other bloggers’ posts!