This post is sponsored by BabbleBoxx.com
I am going to allow myself to be vulnerable in this post, so bear with me with you guys.
As you all know, I am a mother again. Yes, Calvin is my second child and you can read all about Shaun, my first born, in this blog post. Now that I have been blessed to have this journey with my son, which is a bit longer than I had with my first son, I am learning and feeling all types of ups and downs of being a momma. When I was pregnant, scratch that, before I got pregnant I thought of the type of mother and wife I wanted to be. I wanted to be a momma that had the fierceness and slayness of Beyonce, but the comfort and nurturing side of Clair Huxtable. In fact, I wanted to be Clair Huxtable. Yes, Clair Huxtable embodies the type of mother I want to be. She is sexy, educated, a boss, she’s calm but a pistol and she is gorgeous. She is EVERYTHING! That was my initial thought. So, when I got pregnant, I told myself I was going to continue working out regularly, eat healthy, and have a “belly only” pregnancy. Oh how the lies we tell ourselves proves not to be the truth very quickly.
First of all, let me tell y’all something, do not believe the bulls**t yall see in the magazines and on Instagram, okay? You often see women have babies and they seem to bounce back pretty quickly and get their lives back on track as well. They make it seem easy, so why am I still struggling 18 months later? I’ll tell you why, because I believed the lies that images portray. Before I go into my cynicism about how these messages are lies, let me say that my hat goes off to women who continues to work out throughout and after their pregnancy, stay “super cute”, and make pregnancy look, and still keep their hair and nails together. Now that is out of the way, let me go off about the other part of being a mother where things aren’t always pretty.
I have been sleepy and tired over 2 years (since I got pregnant); my feet stayed on swole during my pregnancy so no heels were possible; I think I have used Nair on my legs 2-3 times since I have been pregnant; I often forget to shave under my arms; I have resorted to wearing braids just so I can stop walking around with a scarf style on my head or wearing my hair natural (there’s nothing wrong with that btw); I still wear “granny panties” because I don’t need anything else making me uncomfortable; I wear some of my maternity bras still because they are comfortable but they don’t lift or make my boobs look delicious, and my last pedicure was last year. Where is the sexy in anything I just said? I am not the picture of modern day pregnancy. However, I am the picture of a real, day to day, momma. I do have my moments when I do put everything and everyone, including the blog, to the side and do something for myself. As a woman, you have to pamper yourself from time to time. I also had to learn that I am a woman who happens to be a mother and wife, but those two roles do not define me. It is hard to absorb that concept when you’re playing one of those roles all the time. But sometimes, you have to do what makes you, you so you don’t lose yourself while your building your family.
I know when you haven’t pampered or did anything good for yourself, it can be difficult to know where to start. Well thanks to Babblebox, they sent me a full kit of items that every mom should have that will help them feel sexy and like themselves.
- SanDisk iXpand Flash Drive: This awesome device is a perfect item that will help free up some of that storage space on your smartphones. As you are taking photos of your babies and yourself, you don’t have to keep emailing pictures to yourself or deleting pictures you really don’t want to delete. As many pictures I take of my baby, I don’t want to delete a thing. I want to capture as many moments as possible. Think of this flash drive as a photo and video storage. This handy device is compatible with iPhones and Androids. Learn more, click here→ For iPhone users: http://bit.ly/2Fa7ol8 or Dual phone users→http://bit.ly/2vEPWp5.
- DERMAFLASH 2.0: This device instantly removes peach fuzz and dead skin cells. This device was designed for the delicate skin of women. So no more harsh razors or hair removal creams on those beautiful faces. This will also help your skin care absorb better into the skin. Trust me, I can’t remember the last time my skin was this soft. You can actually get 20% by using the code MOTHERSDAY. Buy here–> https://www.dermaflash.com/shop/.
- Maidenform: This cami and pant set is super sexy. I have not bought any sexy underwear or lingerie since the baby so this sexy piece definitely has me feeling like my old self. Not to mention, it’s comfortable. This sexy loungewear is something you can wear for your man or yourself. It’s very versatile. For more information, click here–>http://bit.ly/2HRMFVX.
- Bellamare Skincare and Washcloths: This skincare line and products are probably my favorite thing out of this entire box. The “Dream Cleanser” is filled with amazing nutrients that are vital for the skin to be its best. This European skin care cleanser will remove your makeup and even acts as a mask as well. The hydrating serum is the finishing touch to the cleanser. My face had an awesome glow and was incredibly smooth. You have to make sure to use the Bellame Washclothes while using the cleanser. It feels so good on your face. Receive a FREE set of six ultra-luxe BELLAME bamboo sourced washcloths with the purchase of The ACQUA LUMIERE COLLECTION. Gift Valued at $22. Visit the website to buy this awesome anti-aging skincare products→ www.bellame.com.
- Divina by Vince Camuto: This fragrance smells delicious! I mean look at the bottle! Just the bottle alone you already know it’s going to smell good. His fragrance will have your mom smelling like summer! Yep, this is the perfect summertime fragrance! To buy this fragrance, visit here–> https://mcys.co/2qVQ8L4.
- Edible Arrangments: I love getting these beautiful bouquets of fruit! They are absolutely gorgeous, healthy, and the fruit is always amazing. Instead of surprising your mom with a bouquet of flowers, try a bouquet of fruit that she can eat. To really show your appreciation this Mother’s Day, order the Mother’s Day Swizzle Bouquet. Its filled with delicious fruit, chocolate covered strawberries, and a big chocolate heart in the middle! To find a store closest to you, click here–>https://bit.ly/1CscGkF
All of these items are gifts that will have your mom, wife, daughter, or sister developing a serious crush. Fellas, trust me your significant other will enjoy all of these products. More importantly, mommas, you don’t need someone to tell you that you are beautiful or you deserve a break. If you do feel that you need permission to take care of yourself, let me give you that pass.
As moms, we always put ourselves last. We do everything for everyone else without a thought of what we need. However, we can only do that for so long. We have to take care of ourselves and do what makes us feel good, inside and outside. All of these products will definitely make you feel sexy outside, which it is my hope to make you feel good inside as well. Don’t get caught up in the social media images, celebrities, and magazine article you see. You only see the final product, but you have no idea what it took for someone to get to that point. It’s not real! What us normal mother go through is more real than anything you can see in an advertisement. Please make sure you’re taking care of yourselves this Mother’s Day and every day after that.