Orecchiette Pasta Dish with Chicken Sausage & Kale
I found something new that I love that I want to share with you.
Let me tell you why I love this Orecchiette Pasta Dish
I mentioned to you guys before that my husband does not like pork, right? Collectively, we barely eat beef. That leaves the two most boring meat options out there and that is chicken and turkey. Oh yay (no exclamation point). We just love chicken and turkey (another sarcastic statement). We sit around all day and think about how we can combine chicken and turkey with rice, quinoa ( which I hate), and Orecchiette Pasta (can you feel the love?). Okay like seriously, eating turkey and chicken as often as we do is about as exciting as Donald Trump’s hair.
BA-DO-DOSH! That one was free everyone.
It can get boring and tiresome to eat those meat choices. No one is on Pinterest like me trying to find different ways to make chicken breast or ways to make ground turkey flavorful. Like seriously y’all, I am pretty confident that I have seen just about every recipe on Pinterest using chicken breast and ground turkey. Sure there are some great ones that I have tried that puts the “Amazing Grace” and “Halleluiah” in chicken and turkey. Hoooooowever, after a while, you get tired of the great lean meats. If you understand what I am saying, nodding your head, and giving me some “mmm hmm’s” and a “honey yes”, then you know what I am saying. You feel my pain! Well, I have an aspirin call al fresco.
Al Fresco is a brand that sells Chicken Sausage. You heard me right. Chicken-Sausage! Al Fresco is the #1 largest chicken sausage brand in the U.S. that provides over 10 products that range from breakfast sausage, meatballs, and burgers! They even sell…..wait for it….TURKEY BREAST!!! I wanted to take this product on a test spin and see if I had something that I could add to my grocery list every month. I made a dish that would allow me to taste the sausage not hide the sausage. I wanted to make a dish where the sausage would be necessary in every bite and the main star of the show along with its side-kick the Orecchiette pasta. Of course a pasta dish is a great way to highlight a main ingredient. I tried a new pasta and a new ingredient and I have a new love. If you were feeling like I was feeling earlier in this blog post about how boring chicken and turkey can be, try these products! You will never feel the same way about chicken and turkey again! These products will give you so much life! I am already looking forward to the summer to try one of these burgers on the grill. Now, that you know about these products, take two of these and call me in the morning. Get it?
To learn more about Al Fresco and their products CLICK HERE!Print
Orecchiette Pasta with Chicken Sausage & Kale
- Total Time: 40 mins
- Yield: 8 1x
This Orcchiette Pasta Dish is full of Al Fresco Chicken Sausage and Kale! This recipe is easy-to-follow that comes out comforting and delicious.
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 bundle of kale, rough chop
- 1 leek, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 6 Al Fresco Chicken & Apple Sausage links, sliced
- 16 oz. Orecchiette Pasta, cooked al dente
- 2 c. heavy cream
- 8 oz. Parmesan Cheese, freshly shredded
- ½ lemon, freshly squeezed
- 1 tsp. pepper
- Dice the stalk of the leek only (cut the root and the very base of the leaves) slice the stalk in half and chop the leek. Place the chopped leek into cold water so the sand can be removed thoroughly. Shake the leeks to be sure the sand and debris are removed. Use a slotted spoon to remove the leeks and place on a plate lined with paper towel. Blot the leeks to remove the excess moisture. Also, chop the kale by removing the main vein of each stem and rough chop the kale and set aside.
- In a large sauté pan, heat the olive oil on medium heat. Add the leeks and sauté for 2-3 minutes until softened. Add the kale and sauté until the kale has wilted, about 5 minutes; and add the minced garlic and cook for about 2 until garlic is fragrant. Remove from heat. In a separate sauté pan, heat olive oil on medium high heat and cook the sliced sausages for 2-3 minutes on each side. Join the sausages with the kale mixture and stir and turn on low heat.
- In a small sauce pot, heat the cream on low and add the fresh parmesan cheese. Stir until the parmesan has melted. Add the Orecchiette Pasta, the cheese sauce to the kale and sausage mixture, and toss all ingredients to combine. Squeeze the lemon juice and pepper over the pasta and sprinkle with more cheese, if desired, and serve. Add salt to desired taste.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 30 mins
- Category: Dinner
Leave a Reply