This post was sponsored by Pace® and all opinions expressed in my post are my own.
This Tex-Mex Inspired Breakfast Casserole can literally be thrown together in no time. Using Mexican spices, shredded potatoes, and Pace® Picante Sauce, you will be pleasantly surprised with the ease of this recipe and the flavor.
These days, I am always looking for the easiest solution for just about everything. If it gets my kids to sleep faster, gets my family to eat faster, and gets me in the bathtub faster, I say BRING IT! Being a working mom of two, a wife, and a blogger, I am stretched thin. I don’t have time for lengthy things. So, this Tex-Mex Inspired Breakfast Casserole recipe, like many others on my blog, is made with people in mind who have lives like mine and need a delicious, quick breakfast recipe in a hurry.
I am a HUGE fan of Mexican-inspired flavors. I love the spices, the depths of the flavors, and the versatility. That is what makes Pace® the best salsa option for your dishes – the flavor is delicious! It tastes just as fresh as if you made everything with vegetables straight from your garden! This breakfast casserole contains the following ingredients:
- Nacho Cheese
- Shredded Potatoes
- Taco Seasoning
- Pace® Picante Sauce
The recipe is really simple – once you soften the diced shallots, you throw everything in a casserole dish, mix, bake, and you have a simple and easy breakfast dish the whole family can love. What makes this recipe even better is you can top it off with whatever toppings you want! I love cilantro and sour cream. If I had some ripe avocados, I would’ve added some of those too. Nevertheless, all the ingredients that go into this recipe can be found at your local Kroger. You may even have some of these ingredients already.
Let’s talk for a second about how awesome it is to stumble across a recipe (like this one) that you immediately want to try because the ingredients are pretty straightforward. Kind of like this Pace® Picante Sauce. I can eat it as a snack with some tortilla chips; it also goes great with dips and works great as a topping!
In any case, parents, make this Tex-Mex Inspired Breakfast Casserole for a great breakfast option. You can add some ingredients if you want. You can also add some beans or change the bacon to sausage. No matter how you switch things up, be sure to use Pace®Picante Sauce, which you can purchase at your local Kroger.Print
Tex-Mex Inspired Breakfast Casserole
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 8 1x
- 1 shallot, diced
- 1 lb. shredded potatoes, thawed
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 15 oz. Nacho Cheese
- 1 c. Pace® Picante Sauce
- 1 oz. taco seasoning
- 3 oz. bacon pieces
- 2 c. sharp cheddar cheese
- Garnish: sour cream, cilantro, Pace® Picante Sauce, diced avocado, or sliced jalapeno
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and spray a 9X13 casserole dish with nonstick spray. Pour in the shredded potatoes and set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, on medium heat, add the olive oil and allow it to heat up. Cook the shallots until soft, about 3 minutes.
- Add the nacho cheese and stir until smooth and creamy. Add the Pace® Picante Medium Salsa and stir. Finally, add the taco seasoning, bacon, and stir once more. In the casserole dish, add the cheese sauce to the potatoes and fold gently until cheese sauce is evenly distributed. Top with cheese evenly and bake for 20-25 minutes. Allow to cool slightly and serve.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Category: Breakfast
Leave a Reply