This salad is a deconstructed Chicken Gyro but in the form of a salad making a Chicken Gyro Kale Salad.
If you love Chicken Gyro’s you will LOVE this Chicken Gyro Kale Salad with a Greek salad dressing made with Stonyfield Greek Yogurt.
I have many guilty pleasures that have a reputation of packing on the pounds if eaten in large amounts such as French Fries, Burgers, Donuts, Sandwiches, Wraps, Chocolate Chip Cookies, and, recently, Macarons! These foods are absolutely my favorite things to eat but they aren’t necessarily the healthiest things to eat. Of course, there are healthier alternatives to everything we eat, but sometimes you don’t want the healthy version! Sometimes, you want something greasy, crispy, cheesy, and hot! When thinking of altering an unhealthy classic to make it healthier, it can feel like a risk because you don’t want sacrifice flavor or texture. I get it! I am right there with you. But I hate to be the bearer of bad news. We can’t eat unhealthy all the time guys. There are times where we have to compromise with ourselves and put good stuff in our bodies that it will appreciate! This salad does just that! With an amazing greek style salad dressing made with Stonyfield Plain Greek Yogurt and Organic Spinach and Kale Salad Mix by Taylor Farms.
This Chicken Gyro Kale Salad has all the elements of a Chicken Gyro that you would buy in the mall or deli. There is chicken, tomatoes, pita chips, feta cheese, and Tzatziki Sauce. The Tzatziki Sauce was turned into a dressing made with Stonyfield Plain Greek Yogurt. Instead of the Chicken Gyro served on hot pita bread, it’s made served on a bed of organic spinach and kale salad mix provided by Taylor Farms. Let’s talk about Taylor Farms for a minute, shall we?
Taylor Farm prides itself on working with farming families that care about providing the absolute best quality of green vegetables. These families are growers who are committed to growing fresh vegetables in productive and sustainable ways that create the finest quality of vegetables. Taylor Farms produce all types of products that are beyond just salad mixes. They also make Stir Fry Kits, Organic Salad Kits, Chef Crafted Salad Kits, and even Snack trays! Taylor Farms makes eating vegetable easy for us so we have no excuse! They are not the only good health eating champion here. Don’t you remember me mentioning Stonyfield Yogurt?!
So I have been a part of the Stonyfield Clean Plate Club for a few year now and I have convinced you on several occasions that adding yogurt to your meals from Stonyfield is an awesome alternative! Let’s see, I made you a healthy version of Strawberry Shortcake where the cream is simply replaced with yogurt and do you remember those amazing Lemon and Raspberry that was fluffy and amazing? Oh yeah, those had Stonyfield yogurt in them too! So you see, there is a reason that I am apart of the club and it is to help YOU GUYS see that yogurt is awesome and the different ways they could be added to your food. So adding salad mix by Taylor Farms and the dressing made with Stonyfield Yogurt the pairing doesn’t get any better or healthier! Try my Chicken Gyro Kale Salad that will satisfy your taste buds and your inner healthy self!
To learn more about Taylor Farms and their products, CLICK HERE!
To learn more about Stonyfield Yogurt and its products, CLICK HERE!
- 8 Chicken Tenderloins
- 1 tbsp. Olive oil
- 16 oz. Taylor Farms Organic Kale Medley, divided
- ½ pint grape tomatoes, halved and divided
- 1 c. cucumber,sliced and divided
- 4 tbsp. Feta Cheese Crumbles, divided
- ½ c. baked pita chips, divided
- 1 c. Stonyfield Plain Greek Yogurt
- 2 tbsp. Olive Oil
- 2 tsp. Red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp. Lemon juice
- 1 dill leaf stem
- ½ tsp. Garlic powder
- 1 tsp. Dried oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Season the chicken tenderloin with salt and pepper on both sides. Using a medium size saute pan,heat the oil on medium heat and cook the chicken tenderloins on both sides for 5 minutes and until golden on both sides. Set aside.
- In two large salad plates or bowls, place 8 oz. of Taylor Farms Kale Medley Salad Mix in the bowls or plate. Place 4 chicken tenders on both plates, half grape tomatoes, half of the cucumbers, 2 tbsp. Feta cheese, and ¼ cup of crushed baked pita chips on both of the salads.
- Tear away the dill from the stem and finely chop the dill. In a mason jar add Stonyfield Plain Greek Yogurt, dill, oregano, lemon juice, red wine vinegar, garlic powder, and salt and pepper to taste. Shake Vigorously and pour on the salads as desired.