I love burgers like these!
Football season is coming up and I can hardly wait! No I don’t have a favorite team, I am more excited about tailgating and the food. That is best part of football season for me. Who cares about the winning and the losing; the playoffs and the tiering; and the rivals and the trading. If you ask me, I’m going to tell you to bring on the food! I can definitely see why the Super Bowl generates more revenue than Thanksgiving. There are more food choices, the food is easier to make, and easier to eat. You barely need utensils. All you need are your hands and toothpicks. Am I right, or am I right?
The greatest thing that I love about these Crunch Burger Sliders are that they are quick and simple but with loads of flavor. I also love burgers that has texture. It could be a creamy mushroom sauce or, in this case, crunchy BBQ potato chips. The favorite thing I love to put on my sandwiches are chips. I love making a Turkey sandwich with provolone cheese, add some Grippo potatoes chips for the crunch, and have a side of Tahitian Treat Soda or Red Faygo Pop. Now, some of you may have never heard of the chips or the soda that I am referring to. I believe the Grippo’s are only in Ohio and Faygo is in this region as well. I may be wrong. I am putting myself out there because the meal combination that I just described has been often described as “ghetto”…lol. However, I don’t think putting chips on your burger or sandwiches is “ghetto” at all. In fact, I have seen several male celebrity chefs make burgers with chips on them like Michael Symon, Bobby Flay, G.Garvin, Guy Fieri, and Aaron McCargo AKA Big Daddy. If these men make them, I KNOW that it’s a man thing.
BTW: If you are not from here but love BBQ chip, Grippo’s are absolutely the best potato chips in the world! I’m not kidding. If you can order them on-line I recommend that you do. Oh wait….you can! Click Here to order the best potato chips in the world!
If you are looking for a good burger idea, then make these. They are fast, easy, and delicious. My favorite combination.
- 1 lb premade slider patties or 1 lb. ground beef
- salt and pepper to taste
- sharp cheddar cheese slices
- 6-8 slices bacon, cooked
- bag of BBQ potato chips (whatever you prefer)
- slider buns
- If you couldn't find sliders already made into patties, begin to form the ground beef into mini sliders about ¼ inch bigger than the buns. Warm a griddle or a grill pan on medium low heat. Season both sides of the burger with salt and pepper. Place the burgers on the grill and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side.
- When the burger is on the last side to cook place a half piece of cheese on the slider so it can begin to melt. Once the burger is finished, place on a bun, add bacon, and about 3-4 whole BBQ chips and serve. You can use whatever condiments you would like on your burger. But its that simple!