Slow Cooker Meatball Sandwiches
I’m getting ready for maternity leave and life as mommy.
These Slow Cooker Meatball Sandwiches are going to save my life once this kid arrives.
So, next week I will be three months preggers. I am feeling much, much better since I announced my pregnancy to you guys. I just got the green light to start working out and my appetite is returning back to normal. It better because I have already gained more than 10 pounds just because I haven’t been doing anything due to being sick and sleepy every-single-day. I’m going to tell ya’ll something, those first trimester pregnancy symptoms were enough to make me say “Never again”. I’m for real. I mean imagine being sick everyday and there was nothing you could do about it. On top of that, being so sleepy that you can’t get enough sleep. It was like going through torture in my own body. I seriously lost the battle of the first trimester, but I strongly believe that I will win the battle of the second trimester and the third! I am starting, now creating and experimenting with different crockpot meals once we come home with baby. Starting with these Slow Cooker Meatball Sandwiches.
I had to use my common sense when I came up with this idea. At first I was going to just roll up the meat into ball and place them into the slow cooker. Then I said, that does not make sense. Then I said well you know what, I can just brown them a little and place them in the slow cooker and allow them to cook the rest of the way. I know that browning the meatballs may seem counterintuitive to this recipe, but trust me you will be glad that is all you can do. Let me help put things into perspective for you. If you work later or are a stay at home mom, all you need is about 30 minutes to assemble the meatballs, brown them, and then you just let them cook for the rest of day while your cleaning the house or whatever it is you have to do. Also, you can brown them and freeze them. Put them in the crock pot the next day and you have dinner, or lunch. You know another good thing about these meatballs is that you can follow the same recipe and use spaghetti sauce and serve over pasta. I love when you find a recipe that can be used for more than one purpose. These Slow Cooker Meatball Sandwiches are also perfect for parties! You know, now that I am thinking about being a mom and wife I am on a mission to find ways to make my life a little easier while I can still maintain my sexy. That is what my blog is about yo! Although I don’t feel too sexy right now, I know I will find my sexy again and I wont have to until I have this baby to do it. I’m feeling more like myself everyday, which mean more great recipes like these Slow Cooker Meatball Sandwiches coming your way!
- 1 ¼ lb. ground beef
- 1 ¼ lb. ground sausage
- 2 eggs
- 1 c. breadcrumbs
- 1 c. grated parmesan
- ½ tbsp. salt
- ½ tbsp. pepper
- 1 ½ tsp. red crushed pepper flakes
- ½ tbsp. oregano flakes
- ½ tbsp. Italian seasoning
- 1 lb. Marinara Sauce
- ¼ c. green peppers, diced
- ¼ c. onion, diced
- Hoagie Buns
- Mozzarella Cheese Slices
- In a large bowl, combine the ground beef, ground sausage, both eggs, breadcrumbs, grated parmesan, salt, pepper, red crushed pepper flakes, oregano flakes, and Italian Seasoning. Use your hands to mix the ingredients well. Once all ingredients are combined, take about 2 tbsp. of the meatball mixture and form into balls. Place on plate or chopping board. Continue rolling balls.
- In a large sauté pan place the meatballs around the pan and cook on medium high heat. Cook until browned on top and bottom. In a crockpot, place the diced onion and green peppers inside the crockpot, place the half cooked meatballs around the slow cooker and pour the marinara sauce on top. Cook on high for 2 hours or low for 4 hours.
- Serve on hoagie buns and slices of mozzarella cheese.