Don’t buy those horrible dinner rolls for Thanksgiving this year. MAKE THESE!
You know, there are times when I really do amaze myself with what I put together. Although I am sure this biscuit idea has been tried and succeeded in another part of the world, but this recipe right here homie is one of the best biscuit recipes that you will ever make. I don’t know if you realize it but biscuits are only balls of white flour bound together buttermilk and butter. If you really allow your mind to think about that concept then you know that there is nothing healthy about it. BUT if you add some flavors, herbs, and cheese to that ball of white flour, a biscuit is no longer a biscuit. It’s heaven.
I am a huge bread person. I love toast with butter and jelly and can eat it several times a day; I love warm bread with butter; and I love dipping bread in oil. Bread, bread, bread is what I love to eat, eat, eat. I tell you something else too, I am really mad at myself for making these because as I sit here in my loft, writing out this blog, trying not to think about them, they are about 15 feet away from me calling my name. They’re saying, “Nicole (in a seductive voice). NICOOOOOllllle. You know you want me”. The only reason why I am able to ignore my craving is because I am living with the harsh reality that my metabolism isn’t what it was 10 years ago. Hence, I’ll literally look like what I eat. Therefore, if I eat a biscuit then my “you-know-what” will look like a biscuit. But as good as these are, having another biscuit on my rear end is almost worth it. Take your dinner rolls up a notch this holiday season by making these White Cheddar and Herb Buttermilk Biscuits. Red Lobster better look out.
- 2 c. flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 1 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1½ tsp. dried rosemary
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 tsp. dried parsley
- ½ tsp. dried dill
- 1½ tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1 c. + 2 tbsp. buttermilk
- 1 stick unsalted butter, divided
- 2 c. white cheddar, shredded
- cayenne pepper for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 425 Degrees
- In a large bowl, combine all dry ingredients and whisk (flour, baking powder, salt, sugar, paprika, rosemary, oregano, parsley, dill, garlic and onion powder). Cut or shred 4 tbsp. cold butter into the flour mixture and use your finger to combine well. Break the butter into the flour. Add the cheese and mix well again. Now make a well in the middle of the bowl and add the buttermilk and use your hands to mix well until all ingredients are well combined.
- Spray a baking sheet with baking spray. Use a ice cream scoop and take scoops of the biscuit dough and turn to a baking sheet. Take the other half of butter and melt in the microwave. Brush some of the melted butter on top of the biscuits and place in the oven for 15 to 17 minutes. Brush with more melted butter and sprinkle with cayenne pepper.