There were so many products I know about now that I wish I knew to put on my baby registry checklist then.
Check out these awesome items for your Baby Registry Checklist and enter the GIVEAWAY to win a Laguna Tide diaper bag!
When you become pregnant and start going to baby shows and signing up for stuff, you are going to get so much literature on different baby items and baby registry checklist guides you won’t know where to start. Yeah, it can all be a bit overwhelming and here I am writing this blog post only giving you more stuff to think about. But before you click off this post, all I need is one second to tell you why you need to keep reading what I typed. It’s easy…I’m a mom! I’m a mom with a 10-month baby boy who went through this exact same thing last year! Although there are so many articles, Pinterest boards, and magazines you are going to come across, you can’t help but glance at all of them. Guaranteed, somewhere in that pamphlet or whatever you are looking at, will be something like this, “Must Have Baby Stuff for your Baby Registry Checklist” or “The Best Baby Item for your Baby Registry Checklist”. You will wonder if you registered for everything and considered every possible baby item out there for your new arrival. I get it. You want to be sure. Let me tell you, especially if this is your first baby, you don’t need everything in those baby registry checklist articles. In fact, if you allow yourself to get everything the world tells you that you need to have, you are going to have so much stuff that will forget about half of the stuff you have. Do you know how much stuff we haven’t opened yet and we probably won’t use? I am keeping most of the stuff in hopes we have another boy in a few years. Yeah, it’s that much stuff. So let me help make life easier for you and tell you about products that you WILL NEED to put on your baby registry checklist.
Okay, so we know that you are going to fill your baby registry checklist with some of the normal basics such as diapers, wipes, pacifiers, bottle, breastfeeding stuff, and a Laguna Tide Diaper Bag (wait for it). Yes, those things we know, but if I could give you some pointers on some of the products that we put on our baby registry checklist that we DID USE and there are some things I wish I knew about that would’ve been totally useful.
First thing first, you are not going to use everything that Baby’s R Us, Target, and Baby Depot says you will need. All you are going to have is a bunch of stuff that you may or may not use that is going to occupy space. So think about your lifestyle and what would be helpful when having a baby. For instance, you are going to see a baby wipe warmer. Sure it SOUNDS like it’s something you are going to need and would be nice to have, but you really don’t need it (in my opinion). You probably won’t need a baby bib cleaner either. I don’t know what that is but guaranteed when you go into a baby store like Babies R Us or Baby Depot there are going to be so many niche and unique things in those stores and you will be convinced that you need them all and YOU DON’T! Stick with the basics, trust me. In fact, I like this article by The Bump that tells parents what you should register for and I would like to sign off and say that I 100%, no wait, 1000% agree. Their list is just the basics, nothing more and nothing less. But here are some things you will want to add that I found to be very useful and I used religiously. Okay, so get your pen and pad out for some useful baby items that are actual necessities.
1. Brica Fold N’ Go Travel Bassinet: All I have to say is…YES! We used the hell out of this thing. We took it everywhere we went and even used it at home. When our son was a baby, to avoid him falling asleep in his swing or chair too often, we would place him in this travel bassinet. We aren’t even going to give it away as we plan to use it for our next baby. You will need this! Click here to add to your baby registry checklist or buy as a gift.
2. Summer Infant Pop and Sit: I WISH I knew about this item! Do you know how awesome this would’ve been for us?! When your baby can no longer fit in the bassinet, they may be sitting up or getting ready to. The last thing I want to do is sit and hold him the entire time we are visiting friends and family. I didn’t like leaving him in his car seat, so having something I could just pop open for him to sit in would’ve been great. What makes this product so awesome if that if you put this in a chair at a restaurant there are straps at the bottom of the chair that anchors it so your baby won’t fall over. You can feed your kid or put puffs in front of them and your arms are free of just holding your baby the entire time you are out of your home. You must-have this. Click here to add to your baby registry checklist or buy as a gift.
3. Mommy Bliss Probiotic Drops: First let me say I LOVE THIS LINE. I think we used just about everything this product has to offer. Well, almost. Regardless if you are breastfeeding (you can read about my journey here) or formula feeding your baby, there may come a time you notice their stool and regularity will change. That is okay. Especially once you start introducing solids. We went through this for a bit. When he started on solids we were good for a while then I noticed his stool started to change and so did his regularity. I had to do the old school method of giving him a soap enema a few times to get him to relieve himself. So my husband witnessed the soap enema once and he couldn’t believe the amount of poop that came out of our kid and felt so sorry for him. He went to the drug store on his way home from work one day and bought Mommy Bliss Probiotic Drops and we started giving them to him once a day and noticed a difference pretty quickly. In addition, I stopped breastfeeding, which breastmilk is a natural laxative, in my opinion, so we switched him to formula and used Enfamil Reguline Formula that promotes soft stools and regularity. He was good to go with that. Get these drops and keep them for when you notice your baby may need a little help. Click here to add to your baby registry checklist or buy as a gift.
4. Mommy’s Bliss Gripe Water: Okay, like buy this today. No seriously. Your baby will have hiccups. It is going to happen for sure. You will feel sorry for them no doubt because they sound like they hurt and there is nothing worse than seeing your child in any discomfort. We didn’t know about Gripe Water at all. We thought hiccups were just something that was apart of the deal and nothing could be done. Well, our son uses to get them all the time. He had them his first day in the world and we would see his little chest cave in and hated seeing him go through it. My sister-in-law told us about Gripe Water and I could kiss her every time I see her because of the suggestion. It helps with the hiccups immediately. It will make your baby feel better and you will too. For those who are looking for something to buy the parents to be, you will be loved for buying this, even if they never heard of Gripe Water. Click here to add to your baby registry checklist or buy as a gift.
5. Aveeno Eczema Baby Skin Care Line: There are a lot of articles and opinions on whether Johnson and Johnson and Baby Magic are actually good for your baby’s skin. I will leave that for you to determine. I know for my baby, he had eczema really, really bad. I’m talking I practically begged for his pediatrician to give him something. She didn’t want to give us something over the counter as she explained that it could change the color of his skin as it may be a bit too strong. So she suggested that we use hydrocortisone cream and gave us a bag of baby eczema products to try. Of course, Eucerin is great, but what cleared up his “newborn baby rash” quickly was Aveeno Eczema Nighttime Cream. I am not kidding you, his rash cleared up in 2-3 days. I will be buying this line instead if the typical Johnson and Johnson line for our next baby. I don’t think there is anything wrong with using Johnson and Johnson, but if your baby has sensitive skin you are going to need something to help that issue and Aveeno Baby Eczema worked really well for us. Click here to add to your baby registry checklist or buy as a gift.
6. Homedics Soundspa: YOU NEED A WHITE NOISE MACHINE!!!!! When I was writing this article I asked my husband what baby item would he refer to anyone that we didn’t know about at the time or wish we had. Hands down, a baby white noise machine was the first thing he said. I took a Newborn Baby Sleeping class by Taking Cara Baby ( I highly recommend her class) and she showed us steps on how to help your baby sleep better and eventually through the night. Now, it is best to take her class if your baby is less than 12 weeks. We took right when Calvin was 12 weeks and although we saw a dramatic change in his sleep habits, it was short-lived due to the daunting and dreadful 4-month regression. Her class is designed to help the baby learn how to put themselves to sleep so when the 4-5 month time frame hits, they already know how to put themselves to sleep. My friend who lives in Arizona who actually took her class at Cara’s location said it worked for her and her baby was sleeping through the night by 8 weeks! I believe it and I definitely think you should look her up if you want to be educated on how to set up successful sleeping habits for babies and what they need. One of the items she suggests, along with Swaddlers and a WubbaNub Pacifier is a white noise machine and she is RIGHT! You have to understand when your baby is in the womb, it sounds like a vacuum cleaner. It’s only white noise. Think about it. If you go swimming and you are underwater, what does it sound like? White noise! So when a baby is out of the womb, for a while, that sound is comforting to them. It was their quiet for 9-10 months. If you think you are going to put your baby down in a quiet room and it’s going to work, you might be surprised as to how that may turn out. White noise helps to drown out background noise for babies so they can sleep. It drowns out you and your partner talking, the dog barking, conversation with your friends, and whatever else may go on. So we bought the Homedics Soundspa even now and he is 10 months and loves it. We use the rain and ocean feature as those two sounds are the only “white noise” on the machine. It also has a projector that you can use that changes images. I do not recommend using the projector while they are sleeping as it can be too stimulating and wake them up. We didn’t think anything of using the projector and I decided to experiment and turned it off and made his room pitch black and he slept even better and gave longer stretches of sleep. We even have the portable white noise machine that we can take anywhere. I am so glad I know about this now. It is going to be my go-to baby shower gift for every new mom. It is a gift. Click here to add to your baby registry checklist or buy as a gift.
7. Swaddlme Swaddlers: I know there are a lot of articles against Swaddlers and some hospitals and doctors won’t let you swaddle your baby while in the hospital (like ours) but I definitely, definitely want to encourage you to do your own research and not to be afraid to swaddle your baby. We were given Swaddlers and didn’t use them because we were “scared straight” about not using them so we only use the Sleep Sacs. Well, after we took the online course by Taking Cara Babies, we decided to give it a try and let me tell you right now, we WISH we would’ve started using the Swaddlers when we brought him home. The reason doctors and hospitals do not recommend that you swaddle your baby is because they don’t know how you may choose to do so. If you actually swaddle your baby with a blanket, you could do it wrong, which may cause the blanket to become loose and lead to suffocation of your baby. I get that. So, we used Swaddleme Swaddlers that has the velcro straps and is much easier and safe because you don’t have to worry about the loose fabric. Swaddling your baby helps with the Moro-reflex that wakes your baby. Your baby is used to being a tight and warm space, so when they are out of the womb and their limbs are free, they don’t know how to take in all the extra space. In fact, it feels like they are falling. So when they swing and stiffen their arms in the air, it’s them feeling as if they are falling. So the swaddle helps them with that and they sleep better and they are easier to calm down. Sleep Sacs are fine too, we used those as well, but we swaddle him until he started to turn and then we went back to the sleep sacs. Now he just sleeps in his regular PJs. Click here to add to your baby registry checklist or buy as a gift.
8. Laguna Tide Diaper Bag: Okay, so there are a lot of diaper bags out there to choose from. Nowadays, no one wants a diaper bag that they can’t use to go along with their outfits or a diaper bag that is too “babyish” that is why I love this bag by Laguna Tide. It’s well insulated, it has a lot of compartments where you can put your whole damn nursery in the bag. Not to mention, it’s kind of cute. It goes with anything you wear and it’s perfect for, both, mom and dad. I could also be biased about this bag because I prefer diaper backpacks over an over the shoulder bag. It’s just easier when you are carrying the baby in the carrier along with other things. There are other diaper bags that we have purchased and tried, but this bag by Laguna TIde is my personal favorite. Click here to add to your baby registry checklist or buy as a gift.
9. Rock-N-Play: So we have an Eddie Bauer Pack and Play, we have a swing, we had a baby rocking seat, but we did not have a Rock-N-Play!!! I honestly don’t know the difference between a Rock-N-Play, a swing, or a seat, but I know when I actually saw one of these I knew we needed to have one for the next go round. It looks so comfortable and it is perfect to put next to your bed while you sleep and your baby sleeps. I have heard so many good things about a rock-n-play and it made me so upset that we didn’t have one. Now you have to make a decision if you want a swing, rock-n-play, and/or a baby seat. I think all three can be necessary and can be placed in different rooms throughout the house so there is always something for the baby. Click here to add to your baby registry checklist or buy as a gift.
10. Baby Breeza Pouch Set: If you follow me on my Facebook page or Instagram, you may have seen a video I did of me using the Baby Breeza pouch set. Just like making Homemade baby food with the Baby Bullet (you need to get that too) you can make the pouches for your baby. You follow the simple technique that you use when making your homemade baby food but you can put it in a pouch instead. These are great to make if you are on the go and this pouch system is pretty cheap! It’s only $10! That’s not the best thing, you can reuse the pouches again! I love it and if you plan on making your baby its food, you will want this Baby Breeza Pouch Set. Click here to add to your baby registry checklist or buy as a gift.
So those are my top 10 things I recommend you place on your baby registry checklist.
Out of the 10 items I mentioned, I am going to give away one of them for FREE! Can you guess which item I am talking about? It’s the Laguna Tide Diaper bag. I am giving away a FREE LAGUNA TIDE DIAPER BAG! I love this bag so much and I know you will too! Also, there is a discount code for you to buy the bag and receive 15% off!!!! Enter below for a chance to win your free diaper bag by answering the question and fulfilling the requirements!
TO BUY YOUR OWN LAGUNA TIDE DIAPER BAG, USE DISCOUNT CODE ‘BSUGAR15’ AND GET 15% OFF YOUR BAG!!!