It is on my bucket list to go to New Orleans during Mardi Gras someday. I have been to New Orleans twice and I fall more and more in love with it every time. It is my favorite place in the continental U.S. to eat. Ahhh, you have the wonderful beignets, the delicious seafood, and the oh-so-wonderful sandwiches: from the muffuletta, to the Po Boys, and now, to these Andouille Sausage Marinara Sub Sandwiches that I made using Johnsonville Andouille Sausage. They are super yummy and full of flavor. These subs have everything you could ever want:
- They take 30 minutes to make.
- They are perfect make for a family quick dinner or lunch.
- You can split the sausage in half for more servings and/or flavor. (The package is perforated, so it’s easy to save the extra sausage for later.)
- They are made with Johnsonville Andouille sausage! Oh, I said that already, huh?
“Why did you choose to use Johnsonville’s sausage, Nicole?” Well, I will tell you, my wonderful reader friends. First, Johnsonville sausage has no fillers, which leaves a juicy and firm texture and taste, this sausage is packed with savory and delicious flavor! Also, Johnsonville only uses top notch cuts of pork to pack in real flavor. Finally, Johnsonville has all types of unique varieties, which include Three-Cheese Italian Style Sausage, Polish Kielbasa Sausage, Smoked Sausage, and Chicken Sausage Italian Style with Cheese, so there’s plenty to choose from.
I bet you guys didn’t know all of that did ‘ya? In celebration of “Fat Tuesday” I want to give you some money (you wish). Well, I want to extend a chance for you to WIN some. How does a $100 Visa gift card sound?!!!!! Oh yea, peeps. $100 in the palm of your hand. In order to enter into the $100 Visa gift card sweepstakes, all you have to do is answer this question:
Which Johnsonville Sausage flavor do you want to try and why?
There are other ways to increase your chances of winning. Look below the recipe for the details! Until then… N’awlins y’all.
Sweepstakes Rules: No duplicate comments. You may receive (2) total entries by selecting from the following entry methods:
1. Leave a comment in response to the sweepstakes prompt on this post
2. Tweet (public message) about this promotion; including exactly the following unique term in your tweet message: “#SweepstakesEntry”; and leave the URL to that tweet in a comment on this post
3. Blog about this promotion, including a disclosure that you are receiving a sweepstakes entry in exchange for writing the blog post, and leave the URL to that post in a comment on this post
4. For those with no Twitter or blog, read the official rules to learn about an alternate form of entry. This giveaway is open to US Residents age 18 or older. Winners will be selected via random draw, and will be notified by e-mail. The notification email will come directly from BlogHer via the [email protected] email address. You will have 72 hours to respond; otherwise a new winner will be selected.
The Official Rules are available here.
This sweepstakes runs from 2/19-3/23.
Be sure to visit the Johnsonville Sausage brand page on BlogHer.com where you can read other bloggers’ posts!Print
Andouille Sausage Marinara Sub Sandwiches & $100 SWEEPSTAKES
- 13.5 oz. package Johnsonville Andouille sausage, each link cut in half 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 green pepper, sliced
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 1 yellow pepper, sliced
- 24 oz. jar Marinara Sauce
- 1 tbsp. crushed red pepper
- 1 tbsp. Worcestershire Sauce
- Hoagie buns
- Provolone cheese
- In a large non-stick sauté pan on medium heat, heat the olive oil and place the Andouille sausage links into the pan. Sear each side of the sausage links. This should take 5-7 minutes.
- Add the sliced onions and pepper into the pan, sprinkle with salt and pepper, and place a lid on top of the sauté pan so the onions and peppers can wilt and cook until translucent. This should take 10 minutes.
- Pour in the marinara sauce and stir so the sauce is evenly distributed throughout the entire pan. Add the crushed pepper and Worcestershire sauce and stir. Place the lid back on top and allow cooking for another 10 minutes. The sauce should be simmering.
- Warm up the buns and place a link on top of the bun along with a few peppers and onions, fold one piece of the provolone cheese in half and place side by side on top of the link and serve.
Leave a Reply