This Chocolate Swiss Roll Cake Recipe is a show stopper! This chocolate cake recipe is moist, decadent, and filled with sweet cream cheese filling.
- 8 oz. Semi-Sweet Chocolate
- 6 tbsp. butter
- 1c. sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 c. flour, divided
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2/3 c. hot water
- 6 oz. cream cheese, softened
- ¾ c, powdered sugar
- 8 oz.. thawed cool whip
- 2 c. semi-sweet chocolate
- 1 c. heavy cream
- 1 tbsp. vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp. butter
- Crushed chocolate wafers or Chocolate Shavings for garnish, if desired
- Preheat oven to 350°F and spray a 17×11-inch baking sheet with cooking spray. Line with parchment paper; spray with additional cooking spray.
- In a small saucepan, melt the butter on medium-low heat and the chocolate. Stir until the chocolate and butter are completely melted together. In a separate bowl, add sugar and beat eggs one at a time. Blend in chocolate mixture and vanilla extract. Add the baking soda and beat until blended. Interchangeably, add the flour and water until both measurements are completely combined and the cake mixture is well blended.
- Spread evenly into prepared pan.
- Bake for 15 minutes and allow to cool for 5-10 minutes. Take a large clean kitchen towel and set it out on a countertop. Sprinkle the top of the towel with cocoa powder or powdered sugar. Carefully, lift the cake out of the pan by grabbing the parchment paper on both opposite ends.
- Quickly, turn the finished cake onto the clean towel, cake side down, carefully. Remove the parchment from the cake and sprinkle with additional powdered sugar or cocoa powder. Starting on the side closest to you, roll up cake and towel together, slowly and carefully. Allow the tool to roll in between the rolls of the cake. This will keep the cake from sticking together. Cool completely on wire rack.
- Beat cream cheese and powdered sugar in medium bowl until well blended and creamy. Gently fold in the cool whip with a wooden spoon or rubber spatula.
- Unroll the cake carefully. Spread cream cheese mixture onto cake, completely covering the top of the cake. Roll up cake without the towel; place, seam-side down, on the wire rack.
- Ganache: Place the 2 cups of chocolate chips into a medium bowl. In a medium saucepan, bring your heavy cream to a slight boil. Careful not to allow the cream to boil too much because you will have a big mess on your hands. As soon as the cream has been brought to a boil, immediately pour over chocolate. Stir slowly and continuously with a spoon until there are no more clumps of chocolate and the chocolate is smooth. Add the butter and vanilla extract. Stir until butter has dissolved. Allow
to coolbefore pouring on top of the cake. Once you have poured the ganache evenly over the cake, sprinkle the crushed chocolate wafers or chocolate shavings on top of the cake and place in the refrigerator for an hour, at least, before serving.
- Prep Time: 1 hour
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Category: Dessert