I am starting to think I have a knack for making really good and eye-yummy breakfast food.
In the food world, from what I’ve noticed,there are food fads that come in waves. Let’s see, do you remember when the world went bonkers for bacon? I mean everything was bacon this and bacon that, it was just bacon, bacon, bacon. I mean the bacon fad is still around but for a minute there the world was crazy about using bacon in everything. Okay, that was one foodie fad. The next fad was watermelon and feta cheese salads. Maybe this wasn’t necessarily new, but for a certain period of time I feel that I seen them everywhere. The last fad that consumed the foodie world were cinnamon roll waffles. Do you remember when people were making those left and right? I do because Pinterest was saturated with pictures of them.
Well, I figure “If you can’t beat them, join them”! I like to think that I take food and evolve them into something better or easier. Every now and then I will make a dish that requires the cooking skills of someone who is familiar and comfortable in the kitchen. In this case, my 6-year-old niece can make these sandwiches. I took that concept that I mentioned and made it into something else. Something easily delicious and crazily simple that I know you will love me even more for it. Guess what? It only requires 3 ingredients.
I have this thing for breakfast food and breakfast sandwiches. If you have followed me for a while you already know this. I particularly love savory and sweet flavors mixed in together when it comes to breakfast. If I have some bacon, I must have a pieces of toast with jelly or a side of fruit. If I have oatmeal with berries,I must have some salty butter to even it out. That is just me. These sandwiches you have a cinnamon roll, with the icing and in the middle is ham and sharp cheddar cheese. I mean…COME ON PEOPLE! GET WITH THE PROGRAM. These are perfect for brunch and breakfast parties. And…..they are cheap to make. BOO-YAH!
Watch the recipe video
SUBSCRIBE TO MY YOU TUBE CHANNEL
Cinnamon Roll Breakfast Sandwiches
- 1–1.75 oz can Jumbo Cinnamon Rolls (with drizzle)
- 5–6 slices sharp cheddar cheese
- 10–12 slices of thinly sliced ham ( I used turkey ham)
- Warm a waffle maker to about medium heat and spray with non-stick food spray.
- Open the can of cinnamon rolls and take one cinnamon roll and make sure it is still rolled tightly. Take a sharp knife cut in half like your cutting open a bagel. Try to cut it evenly so one side isn’t thicker than the other.
- Place the cinnamon rolls inside one of the fourths of the waffle maker and let bake for 5-7 minutes until dough is completely cooked. Repeat for all of the cinnamon rolls and set aside.
- Cook the ham by placing in a non-stick skillet and let cook for 3-5 minutes and place 2 slices of the cooked ham on one of the cooked cinnamon roll halves and place a piece of cheese on top of the warm ham and place the other halve of the cinnamon roll on top. Secure sandwich by placing a toothpick through the middle and drizzle the sandwiches with the cinnamon glaze and serve.
Leave a Reply