Crispy Nutella Brownies
Let me first start off by saying, “Happy Birthday Sarah”!!!
These Crispy Nutella Brownies are a birthday gift…for my friend.
Sarah is a relatively new good-good friend of mine and she absolutely loves these Crispy Nutella Brownies. We have worked together for almost 4 years, but it wasn’t until recently that we feel in love with each other. It is so true when they say that true love could be right in front of you and you wouldn’t even know it. Now let me be clear and say that Sarah is in a happy committed relationship with her boyfriend, Mitchell (they are so freaking cute too). I am living my mantra of “Macking and Relaxing//Chilling like a Villian// Pimpin these Hoes”. Isn’t that funny? But anyway, I made these for my good-good friend, Sarah, for her Birthday. Happy Birthday Boo!
So, Nutella is slightly working its way on me. I am not a complete Nutella junkie, but I do like baking creations with it. I made my Nutella Baby-cakes with it and they were amazing! So I decided to make Nutella Brownies as well. I think Nutella is too sweet by itself, but it is the perfect addition to any chocolate recipe. It makes everything better! I didn’t want these brownies to be an average Nutella Brownie. Therefore, I added some krispie rice cereal to give them an added crunch. Do you remember those Little Debbie ‘Star Pies” when you were younger? They had a slight crunch to them as well. Yes? No? Oh well, I do! But if you are a Nutella junkie, I am more than confident that you will like these brownies. You don’t have to add the rice krispie treats if you don’t want to, but it does give the brownies some texture.
Crispy Nutella Brownies
- Total Time: 35 mins
- Yield: 12 1x
Let’s take Rice Krispies, Nutella, and Chocolate and make something great! Like these Crispy Nutella Brownies! You will never look at brownies the same.
- ½ cups Unsalted Butter
- 10 ounces, weight Semi-sweet Chocolate, Chopped
- 1–½ cup Sugar
- 4 whole Eggs
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- ¾ cups Flour
- ½ teaspoons Salt
- 1 cup Nutella
- 2 cups Rice Krispies
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Using a double boiler or small sauce pan, melt the butter on medium high heat. Once the butter is melted, quickly add the chocolate and take off the heat. Stir until completely melted and allow to cool at room temperature.
- In a separate bowl, beat the sugar and eggs, adding one at a time. Combine in the vanilla, flour, and salt. Lastly, pour in the chocolate mixture, Nutella and beat until well incorporated. With a rubber spatula, stir in the rice krispies until completely submerged into the brownie mixture.
- Prepare a 8×8 square pan by layering the pan with parchment paper and spraying the parchment paper with baking spray or butter. Pour the brownie mixture into the pan and bake for 25-30 minutes. Using a toothpick, stick the brownies in the middle to determine if they are done or not.
- Once complete, remove the brownies from the pan by lifting them out of the pan with the parchment paper then place on a cooling rack. Once cooled, serve!
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 25 mins
- Category: Dessert
Leave a Reply