Easy Breakfast Scramble….yum!
Do you know what I like to do every Sunday morning? I like to cook for you! Sunday’s are typically the day where I make most of my dishes that I share on my blog. If I cooked like this everyday I would be as big as a house. Every Sunday morning it is pure bliss for me to get out of bed, take my dogs out, come back in, and make something wonderful that is yummy for my tummy while watching “Julie & Julia”. If you are a true food blogger, you have to love that movie, right?
Well this past Sunday I wanted to make something different for breakfast without going out to spend more money on food. I searched my refrigerator and shelves for ingredients that would marry well with one another. I found potatoes, eggs, jalapeno, cheese, and some veggies. At first, I was going to make a frittata. Then I decided not to and just make a breakfast scramble instead.
In case you have never had a breakfast scramble, it is basically a bunch of good stuff scrambled together with eggs. Its like taking three different dishes and combining them into one. This scramble has eggs, potatoes, and bacon. Simple and easy! Oh and did I mention cheese? This is really easy and good for any family. OOOORRRRRR, you can make this for your “boo” the next morning (hint, hint). If you are one of those people that like to eat breakfast for dinner this is a good dish that will satisfy that need. Its savory enough to eat any time of day.
Hope you like it!
- • 3 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- • 1 cup Onions, Diced
- • 5 strips Bacon, Diced
- • 2 cloves Garlic, Minced
- • ¼ cups Jalapeno, Diced
- • 5 whole Russet Potatoes, Baked
- • Salt And Pepper, to taste
- • 7 whole Large Eggs
- • 1-½ cup Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil on medium high heat. Add the diced onions and stir the onions for about 2 minutes.
- Add the diced bacon, garlic, jalapeno peppers, and stir. Take the already-baked potatoes and dice them with the skin. Add the diced potatoes to the rest of the mixture and allow to cook while periodically stirring for 6-10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, add the cheese, and whisk once more. Pour the eggs into the skillet and begin to stir until the eggs are scrambled. Remove from heat and serve.