I like breakfast has and I like going to Farmer’s Markets. It only makes sense to merge the two concepts.
Fresh food from your local Farmers Market will make a great for a great Breakfast Hash.
One of my many escapes in life is to go to Farmers Markets. I escape to sweet heaven when I go to a great Farmers Market full of beautiful vegetables, fruit, cheeses, breads, hand crafts, and hand-made jewelry. It does something to me. I love how people grow produce or make items that are near and dear to their hearts and share it with the rest of the world. I mean, how can you not feel happiness in a place like that? What I love to do the most when I go to a Farmers Market, is to buy fruits and veggies and make something amazing with what I buy. It’s kind of like a “Chopped” challenge that I like to give to myself. The only difference is that I am actually choosing my ingredients. Now that Farmers Markets are opening for the summer, the first dish that I made was a Farmers Market Breakfast Hash!
Now that I am pregnant my tastebuds have changed some. I use to really enjoy eating vegetables by themselves. Now, I can’t stand them. I have to cover or hide them the best way I can just for me to eat them. There is nothing wrong with that necessarily, but it is difficult for me to enjoy them now a days. This Farmer’s Market Breakfast Hash has a lot of veggies. I put it in red bell pepper, kale, zucchini, and squash. That is a lot of incredible goodness in one breakfast dish that is good for the heart and the body. The great thing about a breakfast hash is that you can add or eliminate anything you want. You don’t have to stick with the vegetables that I put in this breakfast hash, you can do whatever you want. You can do a mixture of regular potatoes, sweet potatoes, and roasted beets; you can use all bell peppers (yellow, green, red, and orange); you can use tomatoes, spinach, and feta cheese; or whatever. Get crazy and creative. You can also choose a different type of protein such as a different type of sausage, bacon, or seitan!
The point of this entire breakfast dish is to allow you to get creative with your meals while making them healthy. This is a dish that is also perfect to eat with fruit so that is double the healthy servings that will start your day. But if you need something savory or a little something that will make this breakfast hash a little more “guilty”, you can sprinkle with a little cheese or make some hollandaise sauce or make this Paleo Hollandaise Sauce. I hope you enjoy it !Print
Farmers Market Breakfast Hash
- Total Time: 50 mins
- Yield: 10 1x
This Farmers Market Breakfast Hash can be made with your favorite or preferred vegetables of your choice. Serve with eggs and toast for a wholesome meal!
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 6 baked potatoes, cooled and diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 c. green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 c. red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 bunch kale, chopped
- 1 c. zucchini, chopped
- 1 c. squash, chopped
- 1 1/2 lbs. Turkey Kielbasa Sausage, sliced
- salt and pepper
- 4 eggs, whole
- parsley, chopped
- In a large saute pan, heat the olive oil on medium high heat. Add the onion, green pepper, red pepper, and cook for 3-5 minutes until softened and translucent. Add the garlic and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes.
- Add the diced potatoes and turn the heat up slightly. Allow to cook on each side for 5-7 minutes until potatoes are golden brown. Use a spatula and flip the potatoes to cook on the opposite side.
- Next, add the kale, zucchini, squash, and sausage. Use a spatula to toss the ingredients and cook for an additional 10-15 minutes. Turn the heat down to low-medium. Crack the eggs whole and pour on top of the hash, place a lid on top of the hash. Once the whites in the egg are visible, feel free to serve and top off with fresh chopped parsley.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 35 mins
- Category: Breakfast
Leave a Reply