If you’re watching your figure but still crave a sweet treat that doesn’t taste healthy, this Low Carb Cheesecake with Strawberry Topping is a perfect sweet treat that will curb your sweet tooth.
Let’s talk about pecan pie crust for a second.
Enjoy this cheesecake recipe with the strawberry topping. It will satisfy you in ways you weren’t expecting.
- 20 oz. cream cheese, room temperature
- ½ c. + 1 tbsp. Swerve sweetener
- 1 c. heavy whipping cream
- ¼ c. sour cream
- 2 tbsp. Lemon juice
- 1 ½ tbsp. Vanilla extract
- Pecan Crust
- 1 pint of strawberries, cut in half tops removed
- 1 tbsp. Lemon juice
- 2 tbsp. Swerve sweetener
- 2 tsp. Corn starch
- 1 tbsp. water
- In a large mixing bowl, add the cream cheese and use a handheld or standing mixer to mix the cream cheese to a smooth texture. Add the sweetener and stir. Add the sour cream and lemon juice by folding the ingredients together with a spatula.
- In a separate bowl add the heavy whipping cream and mix with a mixer until stiff peaks form. Use a rubber spatula and fold the whipped cream mixture into the cream cheese mixture. Add the vanilla extract and stir. Pour into pie crust and smooth top. Cover and place in the refrigerator for at least, 4-6 hours until set.
- To make the strawberry topping, add the strawberries to a small saucepan on medium heat. Add the sweetener and lemon juice. As the strawberries begin to warm, they will release their natural juices. After about 10 minutes, add the cornstarch with water and stir to dissolve and add to the strawberry mixture. Either use an immersion blender or a potato masher to blend the strawberries. Allow to cool completely and serve on top of the cheesecake.