It’s always nice to enjoy a slice of cornbread with your chili. Why not enjoy them both in one bite? These Mini Chili Stuffed Cornbread Muffins are perfect if you agree.
Growing up, we always had cornbread with our chili. Unfortunately, I wasn’t a big fan of chili growing up so for me cornbread was the best part of the entire meal. I didn’t care for the flavor of chili and I definitely didn’t like that beans. What kids like beans?! It wasn’t until I got older that I started to like chili. I guess it was because I tried other chili recipes aside from my mom’s. If you have not guessed it by now, my mom does not make the best chili. In fact, I had to tell her that I wasn’t a fan of it when I got older.
Hopefully, you won’t feel the same way about my chili. This chili recipe is pretty basic but you definitely can use your own. In fact, this recipe is perfect if you have leftover chili and you don’t know what to do with it. You can make these Mini Stuffed Chili Cornbread Muffins for dinner or an appetizer. Personally, I think these are great appetizers as they are kind of cute and comes to be the perfect finger.
How I made these Mini Chili Stuffed Cornbread Muffins
To make these Mini Chili Stuffed Cornbread Muffins is quite simple. You bake the cornbread and allow them to cool. Then you cut a hole in the middle of the muffin and remove as much of the inside of the muffin that you can while making sure the muffin still hold its shape. Finally, you scoop some of the chili and place it in the middle of the muffin where the hole was cut. You can top off the muffin with shredded cheese, chives, and sour cream.
This is recipe is such a cute idea and I wish I could take full credit for it. The recipe is mine but the idea belongs to Trisha Yearwood. I was watching her show a couple weekends ago and she made a recipe similar, I just decided to do it my way. You can do the exact same thing! In case you need an idea for the Big Game coming up, this recipe is perfect for that. Or you can make my Chili Cornbread Casserole if you’re not into this method.Print
Mini Chili Stuffed Cornbread Muffins
- Total Time: 1 hour 25 mins
- Yield: 12 1x
Have your chili and cornbread in one bite. These Mini Chili Stuffed Cornbread Muffins are sweetened with cornbread and filled with a quick and easy chili recipe.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 15 oz. tomato sauce
- 6 oz. tomato paste
- 1 c. yellow onion, chopped
- 1 c. green pepper, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 15 oz. diced tomatoes
- 1 c. beer
- 1.5 oz. chili powder seasoning
- ¼ tsp. Red chili flakes
- ½ tsp. Smoked paprika
- ½ tsp. Garlic powder
- ½ tsp. Onion powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 boxes of Jiffy Cornbread Mix (8.5 oz boxes)
- 2 eggs
- 1 ½ c. milk
- Garnish: cheese, sour cream, chives
- In a medium saute pan on medium heat, warm the olive. Cook the onions and bell pepper until soft and translucent, about 5-7 minutes. Add the garlic cloves and cook until fragrant, about 2-3 minutes. Add the ground before and break the meat using a spatula. Cook until browned. Season with salt and pepper. Drain the beef to remove excessive fat.
- Turn the beef to a medium saucepan on medium heat. Add the tomato paste and stir to evenly coat the beef. Add the tomato sauce and diced tomatoes. Add the beer and stir. Add the seasonings (chili mix, red chili flakes, smoked paprika, and garlic and onion powder) season with salt and pepper to taste. Allow to simmer for, at least, 30 minutes.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the Jiffy Cornbread mix, eggs, and milk stir until smooth. Ad more milk if still pasty. Spray a cupcake tin with baking spray. Pour the batter evenly within each tin. Bake for 12-15 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool.
- Once cooled, cut a hole in the middle of the corn muffin and remove inside of the muffin. Cut just enough where the shape of the muffin is still in tact. Pour a heaping spoonful of chili in each cornbread muffin. Top off the muffins with cheese, chives, and sour cream as you wish.
- Prep Time: 25 mins
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Category: Appetizer
Leave a Reply