Oh baby. This Turkey Club Melt Sandwich does something to me! It makes me HUNGRY!!!!
I love sandwiches. I’m not talking about Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwiches, I am talking about meat piling, sauce drenching, bacon having, toasted bread loving sandwiches! I especially love dipping sandwiches into stuff like a creamy soup. I have a feeling that I just made someone hungry. My favorite type of sandwich is a Turkey Club. I think Turkey Club Sandwiches are the best sandwiches that has ever been created. I would kiss the man (only a man would come up with such a concept) that made this sandwich and ask him to marry me. I would love him conditionally. The condition being that he would make me a Turkey Club Melt Sandwich when I wanted one.
My version of the Turkey Club Sandwich fits the traditional mold of turkey, lettuce, tomato, and bacon on two pieces of bread. However, I added a couple of touches that would kick it up a notch. I used guacamole as a spread and used smoked white cheddar for some extra depth of flavor. I had some Sour Cream and Onion Potato Chips and nice icy cold soda beverage and thought to myself, “This is what heaven must taste like”. The guacamole gives a wonderful flavor to the sandwich and its healthier than using mayonnaise. The best part of the sandwich is the smoky white cheddar. Man o man! The smokiness of the white cheddar is perfect. It melts perfectly and works really well with the guacamole and smokiness of the bacon. Am I making you hungry yet? I know I am making myself hungry. I am making myself so hungry that I think I am going to make another one today!
If you want a healthy version of this sandwich, it wouldn’t be hard to do. Replace the pork bacon for turkey bacon and use Weight Watchers cheddar string cheese to replace the smoky white cheddar cheese.Print
Turkey Club Melt Sandwich
- 2 pieces bread (multigrain, sourdough, country white etc.), toasted
- 1 pouch Holy Guacamole (100 Calories pack)
- 2 slices smoky white cheddar
- 2 pieces bacon
- 6–8 slices thinly sliced pieces of turkey
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 slices tomato
- 2 slices red onion
- In a small skillet, heat the tablespoon of olive oil on low to medium heat. Place the turkey in the skillet and allow to cook for 3-5 minutes. Place the slices of cheese on top of the turkey and cover the pan with a lid for 2-3 minutes or until the cheese melts. Meanwhile, spread the guacamole on the toasted bread, place the lettuce on top of the guacamole, slide the turkey with the melted cheese on top of the lettuce, add the bacon, tomato, onion, and the other piece of bread on top. Cut in half and enjoy!
Leave a Reply