This post is in partnership with Universal Pictures’ new film, Fifty Shades Darker in theaters February 10.
This Blackberry and Chocolate Panna Cotta will leave you breathless.
Looking for a sexy and delicious dessert? Try this Breathless Blackberry and Chocolate Panna Cotta.
Sooo, I am a book reader. There is nothing like a good book. Now let me tell you how I came across the “Fifty Shades of Grey” book series. I had just finished reading “Gone Girl” ( I think) by Gillian Flynn and was high on my book reading flight. I was looking for a new book to read so I researched the best sellers that were on the New York Times list and Oprah’s Book Club. Somewhere in the midst of my search, I came across “Fifty Shades of Grey” in Google Books. There was an excerpt available to read so I went ahead and took an interest. After reading the excerpt, I was so interested in this Christian Grey and Anastasia Steele love thing I decided to read the entire book. Well, I didn’t know that Fifty Shades was what it was until about a third of a way through. I knew it was different because I was getting hot and started blushing as I was reading the book and people started mistaking me for Johnny Gill because all I kept saying was “My, my, my” (you like that don’t you?). I had no idea that “Fifty Shades of Grey” was going to be as big as it was until I finished reading the series. Next thing I knew…BAM! There were Fifty Shades this and Fifty Shades that. It was a huge phenomenon! Now, for us Fifty Shades fans, we get to see the second story come to life on the silver screen just in time for Valentine’s Day on February 10, 2017. We get to see the second part of this crazy and sexy love story between Christian and Anastasia in “Fifty Shades Darker”! So, let’s have a party and enjoy this perfect dessert that is so fitting for this movie!
I and a few of my friends decided to get together to reminisce about highlights in the book over some appetizers and wine sponsored by Fifty Shades of Grey. We talked about everything from that crazy contract Christian gave Anastasia; how we really thought it was over when Anastasia got on that elevator; Christian’s past, and other significant moments that I won’t giveaway. We did all of this while wearing our masks to pretend as though we were at that hella sexy masquerade ball while enjoying some amazing party gifts supplied by Universal Pictures! So there was the party, the wine drinking, and my Blackberry and Chocolate dessert that will make anyone blush.
Two words–Panna Cotta. That’s it.
If you have never had Panna Cotta then you are missing out on something amazingly delicious, sensual, and decadent. My Blackberry and Chocolate Panna Cotta is creamy and will take your breath away. You will start off with the amazing blackberry flavor and will finish with a decadent chocolate finish. There are layers and flavors in this glass that will take you “Fifty Shades Deeper” into dessert heaven. I know Panna Cotta makes this dessert sound fancy, but in all honesty, it is a very simple dessert to make. All you need is some heavy cream, gelatin, and whatever flavor you want to add. This is a perfect make-ahead dessert for a dinner date or even a masquerade themed party (wink-wink).
Make plans to have a special date night or girls night out this February 10, 2017 to see “Fifty Shades Darker” when it hits theaters. Intrigued?
Watch the trailer below!
Recipe adapted from Williams-Sonoma
- 18 oz. Blackberries
- 1 tbsp. Orange zest
- 1 tbsp. Orange juice
- 3 c. heavy whipping cream, divided
- 2 envelopes unflavored gelatin
- 2 tsp. Salt, divided
- ½ c. mascarpone cheese, divided
- 5 tbsp. Sugar, divided
- 3 oz. semi-sweet chocolate, chopped
- In a small bowl, add ¼ cup of heavy cream and add 1 envelope of gelatin. Set aside and allow to thicken. Once firm, place over boiling water and stir to allow the gelatin to dissolve.
- Meanwhile, bring to a boil the 1 ¼ cups of heavy cream along with ¼ cup mascarpone, 2 tbsp of sugar, and 1 tsp of salt. Once dissolved remove from heat. Add the chocolate and stir until dissolved and smooth. Next, add the gelatin mixture to the chocolate mixture and stir. Using a fine mesh strainer, strain the chocolate liquid into a pourable measuring cup. Evenly pour the chocolate mixture into 4 desired serving glasses. Place in the refrigerator for, at least, 3 hours until chocolate becomes firm.
- In another small bowl, add ¼ cup of heavy cream and sprinkle with the other envelope of gelatin. Heat the same way as before, over boiling water to allow to dissolve.
- In a medium sauce pan, add the blackberries, orange zest, orange juice, and 1 tbsp. Sugar. Bring to a simmer and allow the blackberries to break down, about 10 minutes. Use a masher and smash the berries. Using a fine mesh strainer, strain the blackberries into a pourable measuring cup removing the seeds.
- Bring to a boil the remaining 1 ¼ cups of heavy cream, ¼ cup of mascarpone, 2 tbsp of sugar, and 1 tsp of salt. Once dissolved, remove from heat. Pour in the juice from the blackberries and the gelatin mixture. Stir and pour on top of the firmed chocolate panna cotta evenly. Place back in the refrigerator and allow to chill and become firm for, at least, 3 hours or overnight. Garnish with blackberries and chocolate shavings and serve.