These Cheeseburger Quesadillas are “stupid good” yo!
Cheeseburger + Quesadilla= Cheeseburger Quesadillas
Let me tell you the story how I discovered this idea. Last week I couldn’t find anything to eat and everything I had in the freezer required major cooking time and preparation that I just didn’t feel like dealing with. So I found a pound of ground beef and decided, at the very least, I would make a burger or something. After a while, I decided not to do that because the idea of it just seemed boring to me. So, I looked around the refrigerator and my shelves to see what else I had to take this organic pound of ground beef into something “magically delicious”. I came across some shredded cheese, a bag of tortilla soft taco shells I haven’t used, and some veggies. Then, like a bolt of lighting, I thought it would be quick and easy to make some quesadillas like cheeseburgers!
The first time I made it I thought they were great but they were missing something. I added some extra seasonings, ketchup, and Worcestershire sauce so it would have more flavor and not as dry. You know what? It worked! They were fan-tab-ulous! The great thing about these Quesadillas is that you can add whatever you want on them. You can add pickle, tomato, or even make a “Black and Blue” Cheeseburger Queadillas (I have to remember that)! You can make them your own! I think I am going to add this recipe to the tailgating menu. I can see the men in my family loving these.
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 2 tbsp. Worcestershire Sauce
- ¼ c. ketchup
- ¼ c. real bacon bits, or chopped bacon
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tsp. onion powder
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- 2 c. sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 large soft flour tortillas
- vegetable oil for brushing
- red crushed pepper flakes for sprinkling
- In a large skillet on medium high heat, heat the olive oil. Add the onions and allow them to cook for about 5-7 minutes until they become translucent. Add the beef and break it up with a wooden spoon or spatula. Cook the beef and onions together for about 10 minutes until the beef is thoroughly cooked.
- Preheat your oven to 350 Degrees: Once the beef is cooked add the Worcestershire sauce, ketchup, bacon bits, salt and pepper, garlic and onion powder and stir until all is incorporated and allow to simmer on low heat for 5-7 minutes.
- On a large baking sheet, place the tortillas on top.
- Take half of the burger mixture and spread it evenly on one half of the tortilla shells.
- Sprinkle about 1 cup of the cheese, and flip the other half on top of the burger mixture.
- Brush the top with vegetable or canola oil and sprinkle with red crushed pepper flakes.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes until the tortilla shell becomes nice and crisp and the cheese is bubbly. Let sit for about 5 minutes to let cool down and use a real sharp knife or pizza cutter and cut into triangles. You should get 4 large pieces out of both of them.