Yea…..I know. I have issues and I need to stop.
You will be pleased to know that as soon as these babies came out of the oven and I tasted them, I gave them away the same day. There is no way in foodie hell that I could keep these in my reach and not eat the entire pan. I mean….LOOK AT THEM! They taste as good as they look. They really do. I wish I didn’t come up with this recipe because it is so easy that you can make them over and over. But, if I were to do that then every week I would have to start a diet over and over and I will never get anywhere in life. At least, never reach a comfortable weight goal.
I promise, maple, cinnamon, and pecans are the best combination in any form. Especially, when the flavor is smothered on top of warm sweet bread. Oh yea. There is something about the taste of maple. It is a comforting deep flavor. If it made sense I would add maple to more of my dishes. Now, I’m thinking what else I can add the flavor to. How about something savory? Hmm, maybe I am reaching and thinking too much. Let’s just keep the maple focus on these cinnamon rolls. I gave them away to a co-worker of my man. He texted him later that night and said how amazing they were! I also think that he ate most of them the same night too. That is something serious because I only allowed myself to have a small piece (not even a half). h well. He’s young and skinny. Yea, he is one of those people that can eat a ton of food and you can’t tell. I can’t stand people like that.
Anyway, these cinnamon rolls are perfect for Sunday mornings. They will fill your home with the awesome smell of cinnamon, brown sugar, and maple. Enjoy over coffee or tea and get ready to go right back to bed. Soooooo…make them.
- 1-1 lb. box Hot Roll Mix Box
- 1 c. warm water
- 2 tbsp. unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 egg
- 2½ tbsp. unsalted butter room temperature
- 1 c. light brown sugar
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. nutmeg
- ½ c. pecan pieces, divided
- 3 c. powdered sugar
- 4 tbsp. heavy cream
- 2 tbsp. butter, melted
- 1½ tbsp. maple extract
- ½ tsp. vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp. salt
- In a large bowl, combine the contents in the Hot Roll Mix and add the water, egg, and 2 tbsp. butter as indicated on the box. Once you have kneaded the dough allow the dough to rest and rise for 30 minutes in a warm area. Once the dough has risen,knead the dough once more about 5 times and roll the dough out onto a floured surface to a rectangle to 15X10 in dimension.
- Spread the 2 tbsp. of butter evenly on top of the dough. Mix the brown sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg in a small bowl and sprinkle on top of the butter. Finally, sprinkle ¼ cup of the pecan pieces on top of the sugar.
- Starting with the longer side closest you, begin to roll the cinnamon roll dough tightly into a log. Spray or grease a large round pan. Begin to slice the rolls with a sharp knife about 1 inch in width. Place them in the greased pan starting with the outer edge first. Place the rolls in a warm place and allow to rise for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375 Degrees. Once the cinnamon rolls has doubled in size, bake in the oven for 15 minutes and remove from oven.
- In a large bowl, mix together the powdered sugar, cream, melted butter, maple extract, vanilla extract, and salt. If you need more cream to thin out the icing add a tablespoon at a time. spread the icing on top of the rolls and sprinkle with ¼ cup pecan pieces.