“Oops I did it again.
I played with your taste buds. I got lost in the kitchen. Oh baby, baby”. Alright, enough of that already. You are probably wondering why am I singing my rendition of Britney Spears “Oops I Did it Again”, right? Well that is because the first line to her chorus is exactly what came to mind when I made my homemade ice cream, “I DID IT AGAIN!”
I don’t know what influenced me to make my ice cream but I’m glad I did. Well one thing that influenced me was a bag of Whoppers chocolate malted balls that I had in my baking cupboard that I needed to use before they went to waste. Originally, I was just going to make chocolate malted ice cream but then that idea got really boring to me very quickly. And although I am not a huge fan of plain chocolate ice cream, I do enjoy chocolate ice cream with treats inside of them such as brownie chunks, fudge, chocolate chips, etc. That is when my genius-self reared is beautiful head and said to myself, “Self, you should add brownie chunks and fudge to the chocolate malted ice cream with the chocolate whopper pieces”. What a beautiful idea! Because my genius-self hardly ever steers me wrong, I had to oblige her and go along with her suggestion. EUREKA! THIS IS SOME OF THE BEST ICE CREAM THAT I EVER TASTED! I am not saying that because I made it. I am so serious! You must try this ice cream and let me know what you think. It is AMAZING!
NOTE: You can make your own ice cream flavor by adding your own ingredients. The cream and condensed milk is what is necessary to make it ice cream, but everything else is up to you. But try this recipe before you venture out and make your own masterpieces. Brace yourself for a delicious good time!
- 2 c. heavy whipping cream
- 1-14 oz. can sweetened condensed milk
- ⅔ c. chocolate malt powder
- 1 c. Whoppers Chocolate Malted balls, chopped
- 1 c. Little Debbie Brownies cut in pieces
- ¼ c. hot fudge, at room temperature
- Using a standing mixer or hand held mixer, take the cream and whip it until it forms stiff peaks.
- In another bowl (the one you are going to place in the freezer), pour in the sweetened condensed milk and mix in the chocolate malt powder. Once the milk and malt powder is mixed well, add the malted balls and brownie chunks.
- Take the stiff cream and fold it into condensed milk mixer with a rubber spatula. It is important not to stir because this will deflate the cream. Take your time and fold until it is all well incorporated. Lastly, add the fudge and fold once again. Do not stir until the fudge has dissolved. You want streaks of the fudge to appear in the ice cream.
- Place in the refrigerator overnight or for several hours until frozen.