This is the definition of Food Porn.
I can’t stop looking at this picture, let alone eating this Oreo Cookie Cheesecake. This past Friday, I knew I was going to make this cheesecake so I wanted to go to the Cheesecake Factory for a meal and to try their version of the Oreo Cheesecake to have something in mind to compare my cheesecake to. I honestly feel that people don’t go to the Cheesecake Factory to eat their food, you go for the cheesecake. The food is just something that we eat to be nice to the cooks in the back. Oh! Before I forget, did you know they have a Smore’s Cheesecake with toasted marshmallows?! Man, it looked so good. My taste-buds are getting weak on me and I knew it would be too rich for me. In fact, I didn’t even eat the entire piece of cheesecake at the Cheesecake Factory. I had to have help from my boyfriend. I like the Cheesecake Factory’s Oreo “Dream” Cheesecake. I believe the bottom layer of the cheesecake was a layer of cake, then the cheesecake mixture, and topped off with chocolate, Oreo’s, and whipped cream. It was a “”dream”. However, it was too sweet for me. You see, I told you that my taste buds are wack.
So, the next day I was on a mission (think of the Mission Impossible theme music as you read this). I went to the grocery store in black leotard, black face mask, and a black skully hat to hide my appearance. I knew taking on this mission and being successful, people were going to want to know who made Oreo Cheesecake better than the Cheesecake Factory (duhn-duhn-duhn-duhn-duhn). I searched the grocery store for my ingredients and proceeded to the checkout lane. I paid in cash so there wouldn’t be evidence of me purchasing my….”chicken seeds” (code word for ingredients). I went home and searched the internet for a base to make my cheesecake. Secret Agent: Bakers Royale had the plan mapped out. I took her wisdom and made it my own. A day later….TA DAH!!!!! There you have what it! A Oreo Cheesecake that you don’t have to bake!
You can garnish this cheesecake however you want. I left that room of creativity up to the other secret agents out there. I poured chocolate ganache on top of mine and topped it off with Oreo Cookie Chunks. It is entirely up to you! Enjoy :-).
Recipe partially adapted from Bakers Royale
- 2½ c. Oreo Cookie Crumbs
- 5 tbsp. butter, melted
- 2¼ c. heavy whipping cream
- 16 oz. cream cheese, room temperature
- ⅔ c. sugar
- ½ tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 2½ c. Oreo Cookie chunks
- ½ c. hot fudge sauce
- more crushed Oreo's on top
- YOU WILL NEED 2 14 oz. PACKAGES OF OREO COOKIES FOR THIS RECIPE.
- Take about 2 rows of oreo cookies and place them in a food processor. Pulse the cookies until they turn into fine crumbs. This should give you about 2½ cups of oreo cookie crumbs.
- Take a 9 inch deep Springform pan and spray it with non stick baking spray. Place the cookie crumbs in a bowl along with the butter and stir until well incorporated. The crumbs will look like wet grains of sand. Turn to the spring form pan and press down until the crust is even. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, pour the heavy whipping cream inside. Beat the whipping cream with a standing mixer or a hand held mixer until medium peaks form. Set aside.
- In another bowl, cream the cream cheese until smooth. Add the sugar, salt, vanilla extract, and lemon juice. And beat the cream cheese just until everything is formed together. Don't over-beat the cream cheese mixture.
- Combine the cream cheese mixture with the heavy whipping cream and gently fold with a rubber spatula until all ingredients are will formed and mixed. Take another 2 rows of the oreos and place in a large Ziplock Bag and beat with a rolling pin just until the cookies have turned into chunks. Now, fold the Oreo's into the cream cheese mixture.
- Pour half the cream cheese mixture in the spring form pan. Take the ½ c. hot fudge and pour on top of the first half. With a butter knife, spread the hot fudge around making large swirls. Try not to overdo it because the fudge will begin to blend with the cheesecake mixture. Pour the other half of the cream cheese mixture on top and smooth the top. You can add more crushed Oreo's on top to garnish (highly recommend it, yum). Place in the refrigerator for 6 hours to overnight and enjoy!