Oh yea babe, that is a Peanut Butter Cup Martini.
No your eyes aren’t deceiving you. That is what I said it was.
Last week I thought it would be a cool idea to have a “Cocktail Week”! Meaning a week full of easy, refreshing, and delicious cocktails that are perfect for any gathering, party, or just because. Therefore, this week I am going to present to you a few cocktails that I love and I am sure that you will feel the same as well. I thought it would be fun to start with this martini. Not for any particular good reason, just because it looks good and it sounds appealing. I am a vodka person. I will try just about anything with Vodka in it. Now, I am not a big fan of straight alcohol. In my college days I have had my share of taking shots. Now, It’s not my idea of a good time. If I’m taking shots I am trying to get inebriated on purpose and for a specific reason, be it good or bad. Life is good and there is no reason for me to go there. I do like cocktails that hides the alcohol pretty well but sneaks up on you. Life Grey Goose and Cranberry, which is probably my favorite cocktail. Vodka is very versatile, smooth, and goes well with just about anything. I will drink other cocktails made from other types of alcohol but vodka is my personal preference.
I love this martini. It is probably my favorite, so far. It taste exactly like a peanut butter cup. No kidding. It is something that I know my girlfriends would absolutely enjoy! It is sweet, peanut buttery, chocolatey, and just damn good! The best part is when you finish the martini and you have the chocolate syrup at the bottom that serves as a chaser and gives the cocktail the perfect ending. I seriously can’t wait to make this drink again and for my girls. I know they are going to love it and so will you. I have to give kudos and props to two girls that, more or less, inspired this drink with their Peanut Butter Simple Syrup. Those two girls are Allie and Georgia. You can check out their show on the Cooking Channel. The make the cutest and most innovative cocktails and appetizers. They are really fun to watch!
Peanut Butter Simple Syrup Recipe adapted from Allie & Georgia on Cooking Channel
- 8 oz Chocolate Whipped Pennacle Vodka
- ¼ c. peanut butter simple syrup (recipe below)
- 2 tbsp. milk
- hot fudge or chocolate syrup
- cocoa powder to garnish the rim
- peanut butter cups for garnish
- PEANUT BUTTER SIMPLE SYRUP
- 1 c. water
- 1 c. sugar
- 2 dollops of creamy peanut butter from a wooden spoon
- Let's make the simple syrup first: In a medium sauce pan add the water and sugar and heat on medium. Stir and let simmer for about 5 minutes until the sugar has dissolved. Add the two dollops of peanut butter and stir until the peanut butter dissolves. Use a whisk or rubber spatula and stir until it becomes a syrup. Set aside and let cool.
- To make the martini, pour some hot fudge or chocolate sauce at the bottom of your martini glass; in a martini shaker add ice, Pennacle vodka, ¼ c. peanut butter simple syrup, milk, and shake for about a minute. Pour in the prepared martini glass and serve! It's that easy.