These S’mores Sweet Rolls can be enjoyed for breakfast or dessert!
Made with Pillsbury Hot Roll Mix, these S’mores Sweet Rolls are easy and delicious!
THESE S’MORES SWEET ROLLS CONTAINS A LOT OF SUGAR, CHOCOLATE, AND WHOLE BUNCH OF INCREDIBLE GOODNESS. THEY ARE TO BE EATEN WARM AND WITH A TALL GLASS OF COLD MILK. THES S’MORES SWEET ROLLS MAY CAUSE EYES ROLLING IN THE BACK OF THE HEAD, ALL DAY CRAVINGS, PARALYSIS FOR THE REST OF THE DAY, AND THE POSSIBILITY OF AN EXTREME SUGAR RUSH, WHICH MAY LEAD TO A SEVERE SUGAR CRASH. THE CREATOR OF THIS DISH IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR WEIGHT GAIN, FIGHTING OVER THE LAST ROLL, OR INSOMNIA FROM DREAMING ABOUT THE DISH.
YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED
Thank you for visiting Brown Sugar: Food, City life, and Sex Blog (this used to be my tag line). Please become a subscriber by inserting your email into the subscription box to your right or at the end of this blog post if you want more of these sugar addicting, heat pounding, diabetes waiting recipes. Make several appointments next week with your personal trainer, plan to detox, and eat incredibly healthy next week to lose the calories you are going to consume. Buckle your seat belts, hold on to your insulin, and pop in your Insanity Workouts because these S’mores Sweet Rolls may knock you out of your seats. Again, thank you for visiting Brown Sugar and for all your support. Now….MAKE THESE S’MORES SWEET ROLLS.
Fast forward to now- July 2017
I have come a long way since I began my blog 5 years ago. Sometimes I like to go back and revisit some of the dishes I made and remake them and I even like to change some things around a bit. These S’mores Sweet Rolls never left my mind. I often found myself thinking about this dish because I remember how excited I was to have come up with this idea and how good they were. Because “the sugar” runs in my family, this is not a recipe I would make often. Only once a year for me because the indulgence and richness of these rolls are too much for me now that I am getting older. Nevertheless, I absolutely love these sweet rolls and I had to remind the world why they are so great and I even took some new pictures!
Boy o boy have my photography skills come a long way! Sometimes it hurts to see some of my old photos and I find myself thinking “Man did I suck!” But that is all about growth I guess. You go back to where you were to find appreciation for where you are. I will be doing this more often. You will see some of my older recipes resurface with new photos, maybe some recipes changes and some may even get a recipe video! Be sure to share and pin these images on your Pinterest boards. I hope you remember this recipe as I remember enjoying them!
- FOR THE ROLLS:
- 16 ounces, weight Hot Roll Mix (including water, egg, and butter)
- 13 oz. Chocolate Spread
- ¾ cups Graham Cracker Crumbs
- 7 oz. Bag of Marshmallows
- Prepare the dough as instructed on the back of the hot roll mix box, using the hot water, egg, and 2 tablespoons softened butter. Allow to sit in a mixing bowl covered in a warm space for 30 minutes.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out the dough and knead until smooth. If the dough is still sticky, add a little flour until dough is smooth. Roll the dough out into a rectangle, about 9X11. Spread the chocolate spread in the middle of the dough leaving 1-inch of the border of the dough untouched. Roll the dough into a log and carefully place on parchment paper that is lined on a baking sheet and place in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Cut the cinnamon rolls into 1-inch rolls, coat with the graham cracker crumbs, and place in a round pan that has been buttered. Allow to sit for another 30 minutes in a warm place to allow to double in size. Place in a preheated oven on 400 degrees and bake for 12-15 minutes until slightly golden. Remove from the oven and place the marshmallows on top of the rolls and back in the oven for 2-3 minutes, just until the marshmallows are golden on top. Allow to cool slightly and serve!