This Strawberry Granola Pancakes Recipe is like dessert for breakfast!
This Strawberry Granola Pancakes Recipe seems healthy and nutritious, but they don’t taste anything like it!
Since having the baby, I must admit, I have not been exactly myself. I have not been cooking as much as I would like, I haven’t blogged as much, and I have not had any time to myself or girlfriends. After having a baby, life is such an adjustment. You have to make room for a new person, your partner, your dog, your job, and then there is you. One of these days I will go on a visit with myself and get to know Nicole again. However, until then, I guess I have to enjoy the moments in the shower or the hour I get before I doze off when I put him to bed. Why only two hours? Most nights, before he gives me a long stretch of sleep, he wakes up around 9:30pm-10:00 pm. I typically give him the “dream feed” and he is off to sleepy-bye land for 4-5 hours. Needless to say, I have been stretched incredibly thin, so when I have the energy to make a meal, I take full advantage of that moment.
Now that my baby Calvin is starting to sleep better through the night (almost but not quite), I am starting to get more sleep as well and that means more energy! And the more energy I have, the more things I can do for my family and around the house. About two weekends ago, I woke up with some amazing energy and I thought I’d make a good wholesome breakfast and I knew exactly what I wanted to make. I wanted to make Strawberry Granola Pancakes, which is an idea that I got from, one of my favs, The Pioneer Woman.
My first initial thought when I watched the episode where she showed us her Strawberry Granola Pancakes Recipe I said, “Hmm. That’s interesting.” It was a recipe idea that stuck with me. It just so happened that morning I felt like making breakfast, I had all the ingredient to make the pancakes. So, I pulled out my mixing bowl, warmed up the griddle, and started making my pancakes. I mean this with all sincerity, these are the best pancakes that I have ever made. No joke. The best part of this Strawberry Granola Pancakes Recipe for me is the crunch of the granola mixed with the sweet and soft delicious bite of the strawberry pancake. It is incredible! We ate these pancakes two days in a row! I altered the original recipe a bit from the original. Let’s just say that The Pioneer Woman’s recipe is like the wheat bread version and mine is the white bread version.
- 2 ½ c. pancake mix
- 2 tbsp. Sugar
- 2 c. water
- 2 eggs
- 6 tbsp. Melted butter
- 3 tbsp. Strawberry preserves
- 1 c. Granola (honey oat flavored)
- 1 c. strawberries, sliced
- In a large bowl, add the pancake mix, sugar, eggs, water, and butter and mix until smooth. Depending on your preference of the pancakes, you can add more mix to make the batter thicker or more water to make them thinner. Stir in the strawberry preserves.
- Heat the griddle, melt a tablespoon of butter, and pour one cup of batter onto the griddle. Once the pancake develops craters, about 2-3 minutes, flip the pancake and cook on the other side for an additional 2-3 minutes. Once the pancakes are cooked, top each serving with a tablespoon of granola and strawberries. Serve with a dollop of yogurt and/or syrup.