This Banana Nut Pancake Recipe is one of the best pancake recipes you’ll find around. Filled with mashed bananas and topped with candied walnuts, banana slices, and maple syrup.
Made with the ingredients of Banana Nut Bread, this Banana Nut Pancakes Recipe is nothing short of perfect and delicious.
I am telling you guys, I am on a roll when it comes to breakfast lately. I explained to you guys when I shared a recipe for my Strawberry Granola Pancakes that I have had to get my groove back when it comes to making meals. I am telling you when you have a baby, a dog, a husband, a book deal, and a full-time job making memorable dishes begins to become something that is a hit or miss. For a while there I was making crockpot meals, KFC, or something that I could put in my oven and let go. Most of the time, the food that I have made has not been the best and definitely nothing to blog about. However, now that my baby is starting to find a regular rhythm with his sleeping I am able to also find a regular rhythm with my sleeping. More sleep means more energy, which means better tasting food in my house. It is a serious win for everyone.
Okay, now, I never really cook breakfast during the week. Although I worked from home, I still never really had the time. I had to get to work! So making breakfast on the weekend was something my husband really looked forward to. When I got pregnant, it started off as a hit or miss, and eventually, it became a complete mess. I just didn’t have the time. Now, I am starting to feel better and like myself so that means old habits are falling back in line. I am really going through a phase where I am taking pancake mix and repurposing them by adding different flavors.
Sure I can make pancakes from scratch. I made these Ricotta Pancakes with Strawberry Topping from scratch, but if there is something out there that is already in place that will cut down on time and complication. Right? Well, I know you guys will appreciate this recipe for that reason. This Banana Nut Pancakes Recipe is made with pancake mix, walnuts, and real bananas. If you like Banana Nut Bread then this recipe will be a total win for you!
- 2 large bananas, ripe
- 3 ½ c. pancake mix
- 3 c. water
- 5 tbsp. Butter, melted
- 1 tbsp. Vanilla extract
- ½ tsp. Cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. Nutmeg
- ½ c. chopped walnuts
- 1 tbsp. Sugar
- 2 tbsp. Light brown sugar
- Butter for griddle
- Garnish: sliced bananas and candied walnuts
- Place the bananas in a medium sized bowl and using a potato masher, mash the bananas.
- In a separate bowl, add the pancake mix and water, whisk until smooth. Add the butter, cinnamon, nutmeg, sugar, brown sugar, and mashed bananas and whisk until well combined. Fold in the walnuts.
- Heat a griddle on 350 Degrees. Melt a tablespoon of butter and pour pancake batter using a 1 cup measuring cup and pour on griddle. Cook for 3-5 minutes on one side until crater begin to form. Flip and cook on the other side for and additional 2-3 minutes. Continue until batter is cooked. Serve with banana slices, candied walnuts, and maple syrup.